Be Careful

ajarnmark

I received this email from the forum:

ajarnmark,

This email has been sent from http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php

You have received this email because a user account password recoverywas instigated by you on Thailand Forum.

------------------------------------------------IMPORTANT!------------------------------------------------

If you did not request this password change, please IGNORE and DELETE thisemail immediately. Only continue if you wish your password to be reset!

Of course, I never requested password change or reset. Why should I? So maybe there is someone who is trying to steal/chaneg your password. :o

ajarnmark,

You have received this email because a user account password recoverywas instigated by you on Thailand Forum.

------------------------------------------------IMPORTANT!------------------------------------------------

If you did not request this password change, please IGNORE and DELETE thisemail immediately. Only continue if you wish your password to be reset!

Of course, I never requested password change or reset. Why should I? So maybe there is someone who is trying to steal/chaneg your password. :o

check with your gig first mate.

I had that excuse in mind if one of my drunken posting sessions went particularly bad.

I tend to think differently.

Anyway, believe it or not, this is what I received.

Mods maybe able to confirm that if I were actually sent an email from the forum. :o

ajarnmark,

check with your gig first mate.

no joking here, bkkjames

Almost the same thing just happened to me.......someone was trying to change my password last week. :D

Anyway I did report this little problem to one of the mod already.....everything seems fine now

I don't know whether the email was legitimate or not but here is something worth bearing in mind.

"A large proportion of users will have the same password for everything"

Savvy people may find this difficult to believe but it's true and the scammers involved in phishing know it.

While people are often suspicious of emails asking them for confirmation of banking details those same people potentially let their guard down for more innocuous requests. Widespread phishing triggers an excellent stream of data and if only a small portion of people used the same password with their bank or paypal then it's a good day for the people involved in phishing.

With careful examination of the internet headers of an email such as the one described by the OP it would be possible to discern from where it came.