Boston Terriers In Los

Pakeha

In line with my never ending quest to reside permanently in Thailand I need to consider the dog... so...

Does anyone have or know of anyone with a Boston Terrier? They are sensitive to heat (and cold) and just all round pussies really :o but a lovely family dog and a part of our family we couldn't leave behind.

Will he get on ok in LOS or will I have to build him his very owned air conditioned paddock?

In case you're wondering this is a boston terrier (after a heavy night out in pic 1)...

post-64724-1235531041_thumb.jpg post-64724-1235531261_thumb.jpg

I have seen literally hundreds of these for sale in Chatujak before on various occasions. Practically every seller had several for sale.

So they definitely do exist here, but I don't know how hot they felt.

Cute pup btw! :o

[edit to say: OK maybe tens rather than hundreds. About 100?

Also haven't been there for at least a year so they may not sell them any more having found that they can't handle the heat

and lastly, of course no one should ever buy a dog at Chatujak]

Edited by Slip

Thanks Slip.

That's very interesting. These dogs are difficult to breed so it's amazing they have so many at Chatujak. In NZ where I got mine there are only about 15 a year bred and they are pretty pricey $$.

The breeder I got mine off sends some overseas (to Aussie and Asia) and is very fussy about who gets them. I had to get through an interview!

So maybe the dogs you saw are not boston terriers. Can anyone else comment? Has anyone else seen them at Chatujak or anywhere else?

If they are easy to get in LOS - that's great. I'll get more :o