Wifes Visa Expiry Date Fast Approaching.

Hi all,

1st off this site has been a fantastic source of knowledge for me in the past when applying for my wife visa, just hoping you can help us out again.

Little background, Wife was eventually granted a 2 year visa after a tribunal in uk. Good news...Last year life was rosy, we had a baby on the way and were talking about my wife going to to the life in the uk test... after our son was born, somebody pressed the fast forward key... After spending most of late 2008 going back and forth to hospital and christmas and new year in a hospice our son is unfortunatly no longer with us.

So now were having to deal with sorting out my wifes visa... What is the best way to go? my wife has alot of land in her name back home..so really isnt keen on the british citizenship thing... she has never worked in uk... she lives on money from me... has her own bank/savings account etc.. Can we get an extension on her visa?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... we had a shit end to 2008 and a worse start to 2009. Hope we have some good fortune soon.

Best regards

Dean

Hi all,

1st off this site has been a fantastic source of knowledge for me in the past when applying for my wife visa, just hoping you can help us out again.

Little background, Wife was eventually granted a 2 year visa after a tribunal in uk. Good news...Last year life was rosy, we had a baby on the way and were talking about my wife going to to the life in the uk test... after our son was born, somebody pressed the fast forward key... After spending most of late 2008 going back and forth to hospital and christmas and new year in a hospice our son is unfortunatly no longer with us.

So now were having to deal with sorting out my wifes visa... What is the best way to go? my wife has alot of land in her name back home..so really isnt keen on the british citizenship thing... she has never worked in uk... she lives on money from me... has her own bank/savings account etc.. Can we get an extension on her visa?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... we had a shit end to 2008 and a worse start to 2009. Hope we have some good fortune soon.

Best regards

Dean

Sorry to hear about your son. If your wife hasn't passed the life in the UK test, or done an ESOL with citizenship course then you can apply for a 2 year FLR. I would htink that the reasons you've stated above are good enough grounds for them to see why your wife hasn't attended a course or taken the test. So they should be ok to grant you an extra 2 years on FLR instead of ILR.

Hi all,

Best regards

Dean

So so sorry to hear about your sad loss mate ,,, believe me I know the feeling I awoke one day to find my youngest son dead in his bed at 25 years of age ,, next bit of story long and boring but end result divorced and now 4 years later married to new Thai wife .. very very happy again ! I only added this because I allways felt it helped to hear of others in similar boats,, life goes on but its never the same. As for her extension of stay as allready stated she will be granted FLR no probs dont worry. If you are in the east of England area and need any help with this poxy UK test thing please PM me and we can meet and I will be only to pleased to give you my wifes books after she finished with them cd,s to also they can yabber away in Thai , my missus could explain things to her easily.. All the best mate

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how much pain you both must be feeling. I just had a look through the home office page to see if there was a special circumstances option to cover this kind of tragedy but can't see anything (but imo there shoud be for this kind of situation) but maybe worth giving them a call to see if there is?