Wife Is Ready To Apply For Ilr But---

hi there, would love an educated reply, the wife has jumped through all the hoopes regarding her ilr, which she is going to apply for in may, she has passed kl in uk, has ni number, and two jobs, the problem is me, i have been made redudent,we have funds in the bank, but are they going to kick up a fuss about me claiming job seekers? thank you in advance. micky.

Edited by micky44

hi there, would love an educated reply, the wife has jumped through all the hoopes regarding her ilr, which she is going to apply for in may, she has passed kl in uk, has ni number, and two jobs, the problem is me, i have been made redudent,we have funds in the bank, but are they going to kick up a fuss about me claiming job seekers? thank you in advance. micky.

Hi Micky, my wife just recieved her ILR and the immigration at glasgow never mentioned my income and from what I can remember there is no questioons about it on the application form, although if I'm wrong then I'm sure I'll be corrected.

Brigante7

When she gets ILR it will state on the stamp that, she has no recourse to public funds, your financial status, does not get taken into consideration.

Sorry but I have to disagree, when my wife had her limited leave to remain visa she couldn't recieve any public funds but as soon as she had her ILR visa she was able to claim benefits. I'm in the process of getting our son's child benefit transfered from my name to my wifes.

Brigante7