English/thai Son Getting Thai Passport

Just wondered about my son born in england from a thai mother he already has a uk passport...what are his rights on a thai passport...we are over in thailand at the end of this month and he may have to stay longer than me while we wait for the visa for his sister (full thai)...will we have to exend his visa why we are there or could he apply for a thai passport thru his mum....

Just wondered about my son born in england from a thai mother he already has a uk passport...what are his rights on a thai passport...we are over in thailand at the end of this month and he may have to stay longer than me while we wait for the visa for his sister (full thai)...will we have to exend his visa why we are there or could he apply for a thai passport thru his mum....

He has to apply in the country of his birth, you will need your son's UK birth certificate, your marriage certificate, your wife's passport, your passport and your wife's i.d. card. There are loads of threads on here about the process, it's very easy and straightforward but has to be done at the Thai embassy in London and both your wife and you must attend. Some people will tell you to phone ahead and make an appointment, we did, but it made no difference it wa still first come first served we were told, although other TV members have made appointments and had them honoured, hope this helps.

www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk

Brigante7.

Yes, his mother being Thai means your child has Thai nationality. First regisetr the birth at the Embassy in the UK and then apply for the passport. Use the link Brigante7 gave you, it will lead you to all relevant information. Believe the process will take about 3 weeks.

Note that for children there is no overstay fine in Thailand, but you could get a tourist visa in the UK. They are free till June 4th. If 60 days isn't enough you could get a non-O, use the consulate in Hull. The accept applications by mail and take 3 days by EMS.

(Passport can only be done at the embassy)