Trading Forien Ex In Thailand

hi guys, uk citizen married to a thai national, and living in thailand.The question is, would it be legal for my thai wife to buy/ sell £ /bht on a regular bassis? we are all watching the ex rates ,this week approx three bhat rise and fall againts the £. so i am sure you all now where this is going !! not huge amounts but lets 3 million (bhat that is !) if there is only a change of 1 or 2 bhat that would be a fair return, after all the interest rates in the uk are about didlle squat now.i am being a little naive? any constructive comments please, cheers micky.

Edited by micky44

hi guys, uk citizen married to a thai national, and living in thailand.The question is, would it be legal for my thai wife to buy/ sell £ /bht on a regular bassis? we are all watching the ex rates ,this week approx three bhat rise and fall againts the £. so i am sure you all now where this is going !! not huge amounts but lets 3 million (bhat that is !) if there is only a change of 1 or 2 bhat that would be a fair return, after all the interest rates in the uk are about didlle squat now.i am being a little naive? any constructive comments please, cheers micky.

I know it looks tempting but the spread is simply to high. In the long run you will lose, thats written in stone.

thanks for the reply PCA, i understand about the ;spread; but the difference of buy and sell still go up or down the same yes ? so as i mentioned for a 1or 2 bhat change could still gave a fair return if as stated you were playing with 3 mill? or am i missing some thing here ? also why do you say ;its written in stone: is it legal for a thai to do this, thanks once again for your input. micky.

Edited by micky44

thanks for the reply PCA, i understand about the ;spread; but the difference of buy and sell still go up or down the same yes ? so as i mentioned for a 1or 2 bhat change could still gave a fair return if as stated you were playing with 3 mill? or am i missing some thing here ? also why do you say ;its written in stone: is it legal for a thai to do this, thanks once again for your input. micky.

Micky,

Most likely it is legal for a thai to do but by doing it frequently pretty sure the profit is taxable while the loss is fully yours/hers. When you decide for a transaction/trade you pay the very wide spread ( 1/2 sometimes 1 full baht) which brings you an immediate loss if you would get out right away. Then there is the transaction fee to be paid at both legs of the trade.

To break even you need the underlying currency going your way for about 2%. That can of course happen but how about if it goes the other way? You might unless you realize a loss after holding a negative balance for some time sit this out but thats not what you want I guess.

As I said you might be lucky (and it's nothing but that) sometimes but, and sorry if I am wrong here when I assume that you are probably completely unskilled with currencies otherwise you would not chose the baht as a market.

All in all again, don't do it - the odds are clearly against you as the spread and fees will eat your account.

profit of month +5.25% if interested to invest in forex trading with min.$10`000 please let me know or open account online thanks...if someone interested in fx trading let`s meetup in bangkok. currently stay in thailand. in trading since 2002. now manage my self funds and funds of my old clients.

profit of month +5.25% if interested to invest in forex trading with min.$10`000 please let me know or open account online thanks...if someone interested in fx trading let`s meetup in bangkok. currently stay in thailand. in trading since 2002. now manage my self funds and funds of my old clients.

how about the past 12 months? I mean each and every month green?

how about the past 12 months? I mean each and every month green?

Beter yet, can you post the monthly statements showing trades, entries, exits, leverage used, margin cost etc? Sounds exciting.