Importing Table To Uk

Isabel

Hi there,

I'm in Samui at the moment and have seen a coffeetable for 5000 THB. If using the postoffice for means of shipping, as the table is only 28 kg, it would cost me in total with purchase and shipping about 11200THB.

Now does anyone know if I then get charged import tax and or handling charges when it gets to the uk???

Or ways of getting round havin to pay :o

All advice is welcome!

Cheers Izzy

Hi there,

I'm in Samui at the moment and have seen a coffeetable for 5000 THB. If using the postoffice for means of shipping, as the table is only 28 kg, it would cost me in total with purchase and shipping about 11200THB.

Now does anyone know if I then get charged import tax and or handling charges when it gets to the uk???

All advice is welcome!

Cheers Izzy

If the table is classed as handicrafts, should be no Duty, all you will pay is the VAT at 15% of the cost you bought the table for, this is if you were to ship it using an agent, maybe the same with the postal service, but check, anything coming into the UK over 18.56 GBP there is VAT due.

I used to ship 40 foot boxes from Chaing mai, handicrafts no duty, just VAT.

Hi there,

All advice is welcome!

Cheers Izzy

If the table is classed as handicrafts, should be no Duty, all you will pay is the VAT at 15% of the cost you bought the table for, this is if you were to ship it using an agent, maybe the same with the postal service, but check, anything coming into the UK over 18.56 GBP there is VAT due.

Hi there,

Thanks for that,

Yeah the table is a handcrafted coffee table so hopefully that would be ok!

Much appreciated!

Hi there,

All advice is welcome!

Cheers Izzy

Hi there,

Thanks for that,

Yeah the table is a handcrafted coffee table so hopefully that would be ok!

Much appreciated!

Hi Izzy,

I could be wrong (but I don't think so!) but to import the table into the UK as handicrafts you would need a handicraft certificate from the appropriate authority in Thailand - I would suggest you check with a shipping agent with a partner in the UK before hand.

Cheers

Orac