Udd Protesters Demand

monty

An owner of a hotel can close it when ever he wants to and only allow special guess to occupy it, anybody that comes in uninvited are trespassing in most counties as soon as a door or window was broken it becomes a criminal offence of braking and entry

You are correct partially. It is civil tresspas if the owner has posted no trespass signs. It becomes crimal trespass if the owner has posted No Trespass signs and then a criminal offence occurs. In this case the resort was also being used by other paying guests and was open, hence no trespass occured.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

An owner of a hotel can close it when ever he wants to and only allow special guess to occupy it, anybody that comes in uninvited are trespassing in most counties as soon as a door or window was broken it becomes a criminal offence of braking and entry

You are correct partially. It is civil tresspas if the owner has posted no trespass signs. It becomes crimal trespass if the owner has posted No Trespass signs and then a criminal offence occurs. In this case the resort was also being used by other paying guests and was open, hence no trespass occured.

I think that a hotel owner has the right to refuse anybody entry without any signage weather in use or not and yes it is a civil case and braking anybody property to gain entry is a criminal offence

At least he (Thaksin) had the balls to deal to problems.

Just a shame that he created more problems than he solved. Without his abuses whilst in office, we wouldn't have had the coup. The mess we are in now lies squarely (pardon the pun) with him.

P.S. Do you think a man with balls spurs on his followers and their children to take to the streets and fight for him whilst he and his family relax in some five-star hotel thousands of miles away?

I agree the problems Thailand are facing now are because of Thaksin. See it differently thou. Not because the prick was corrupt (the norm in thai politics) but because he gave the larger group of the Thai population some attention, even if it was brought.

The mess we are in right now is the corrupt system that feeds the bulls crap you now see. Thaksin is to blame for everything you see??? Take the Thaksin hating glasses off and look around. The whole thai governance system stinks of corruption and bias.

If I was Thaksin I would not be bloody foolish enough to be in Thailand right now. Prison term waiting and someone probably already paid to deal to him once in prison? You though sound like you might like to front up :o . Good on you. And the current PM didn't have the PAD fighting the same battle to deliver him? Goose and gander...same same sauce.

People are always carping on about Thaksin being corrupt, but from what I understand the only thing they nailed him on was a 'conflict of interest', hardly corruption and something that would not get anyone a prison sentence in most modern democratic states. He helped his mrs buy a bit of land, big deal so would I if I were PM. Thaksin was the first PM to even notice the rural poor-that's why they love him and why others hate him, nothing to do with 'corruption, just about the long time power mongers getting their snouts shoved out of the trough at long last. I'd certainly buy Thaksin a drink any day.

When is this horrendous lie ever gone a stop. The ignorance of some people is realy unbelievable.

I don't care that he stole billions by corruption, but what I can never forgive him, is that he cheated the poor and ignorant with his so called free loans. Those loans created lost of farms, land, houses and deep misery.Most of this so called free loans came back in his pocket by the companies he controls. In my eyes an despicable man.

And now the poor and ignorant still see him as their saviour because they hope, once he back in power he will give them again new so called free loans or cancel their present loans. If you know Isan as I do, you do know that's what they are hoping for. This is the real drama of rural Thailand.

Again I hate that despicable man for those crimes he commit against the poor and ignorants.

My Wife is telling me they have given the police 3 Hrs to give him back That was at 11 Am

If he is not released the UDD with 500 supporters will go for him

Apparantly he has been taken to Don Maung

This is what she has heard on Rimping Radio.

good idea, take him to Don Muang

put him in a cage on a military transport on the runway surrounded by police and army

let it be known to the red faction where he is

let all the reds into the airport to protest and attempt his release.

once they are all inside, declare martial law within the precincts of don Mueng, let the plane take off to a small island somewhere a long long way away and then arrest everyone in the airport for trespass and interfering with police business

strip them of weapons and mobile phones and lock them all up in an aircraft hangar

provide beds, food and water, toilets etc

process them, get all their ID's ands addresses then fine them all 10,000 baht, to be paid before release from the grounds of Don Mueng and use it for any reparations caused by the reds recent activity.

if theres any shortfall use Thaksins seized funds to make it good.

make it clear that any more damage caused by the reds will come out of Thaksins money and any repeat offenders will be going to jail

treat them fairly and civily but treat them like the criminals they are and behave like you learned some lessons from the last time this happened. (even if you haven't)

Yes I agree treat them the same way that the the Yellow Shirt PAD Mob were treated last year when they closed down the Airports.

The Royal Cliff Resort wasn't open for ALL just for the Guest's of the Hotel and the Summit. The Red's clearly violated all regarding law's! They were even going further and crossed a close line of Police and Military, as well as demaged a lot of the property of the Resort.

They also held others hostage and if someone is telling that isn't against the law to do so in an political demonstration, than I really have to think about who those humans are!

All the promise done by the Red's before the before were broken from them Period! Those are humans I would never trust! And even the friends of them have to be handled with care.

Semantics ! PAD and the reds did wrong although the former's actions were less identifiable from a legal pouint of view.

I see no point in taking the actions of PAD 4 months ago and using those actions as a reason not to charge Arisamun with any criminal offence he may have committed. The events are different in terms of time and substance - the reds activities happened yesterday and should be dealt with under current legislation. Any 'tooth for a tooth' arguments are fallacious.

And the current PM didn't have the PAD fighting the same battle to deliver him?

No, he didn't.

Just because two groups (PAD and Democrats) have opinions in common, doesn't mean those two groups are one and the same.

Abhisit was not the figurehead of the PAD. Abhisit wasn't financing the PAD. Abhisit wasn't making videos urging people to fight on the streets.

The PAD acted on their own.

Suggesting that Abhisit had a role in the PAD similar to Thaksin's role in the red shirts is nonsense.

<deleted> - if it had been a mob of yellow shirted idiots rampaging through the smashed front door of the Royal Cliff yesterday, what be the reaction of Thai Visa's red shirt admirers today?

Would they be debating whether or not it was a legal entry on to the property, and defending it as visitors just going about their lawful business?

They should have cracked a few heads last year, and a few more this past week - although the later may not have been needed if the former had occurred.

The power structures of Thailand are a bl00dy shambles, and god only knows where it will end up.

And the current PM didn't have the PAD fighting the same battle to deliver him?

No, he didn't.

Just because two groups (PAD and Democrats) have opinions in common, doesn't mean those two groups are one and the same.

Abhisit was not the figurehead of the PAD. Abhisit wasn't financing the PAD. Abhisit wasn't making videos urging people to fight on the streets.

The PAD acted on their own.

Suggesting that Abhisit had a role in the PAD similar to Thaksin's role in the red shirts is nonsense.

For once I agree with you, comparing Thaksin with Abhi is like comparing a great director like Kubrick or Spielberg to a good looking but mediocre actor like Tom Cruise.

The PAD / democrat collaboration is the collaboration of the cowards. One is happy to fight but doesn't want responsability, the other one craves responsability but doesn't want to fight. No wonder people who supported them until now are giving up.

People are always carping on about Thaksin being corrupt, but from what I understand the only thing they nailed him on was a 'conflict of interest', hardly corruption and something that would not get anyone a prison sentence in most modern democratic states. He helped his mrs buy a bit of land, big deal so would I if I were PM. Thaksin was the first PM to even notice the rural poor-that's why they love him and why others hate him, nothing to do with 'corruption, just about the long time power mongers getting their snouts shoved out of the trough at long last. I'd certainly buy Thaksin a drink any day.

When is this horrendous lie ever gone a stop. The ignorance of some people is realy unbelievable.

I don't care that he stole billions by corruption, but what I can never forgive him, is that he cheated the poor and ignorant with his so called free loans. Those loans created lost of farms, land, houses and deep misery.Most of this so called free loans came back in his pocket by the companies he controls. In my eyes an despicable man.

And now the poor and ignorant still see him as their saviour because they hope, once he back in power he will give them again new so called free loans or cancel their present loans. If you know Isan as I do, you do know that's what they are hoping for. This is the real drama of rural Thailand.

Again I hate that despicable man for those crimes he commit against the poor and ignorants.

That PAD in a nutshell. High handed, self righteous, insulting, superior, blinkered to their own mistakes.

For once I agree with you, comparing Thaksin with Abhi is like comparing a great director like Kubrick or Spielberg to a good looking but mediocre actor like Tom Cruise.

The PAD / democrat collaboration is the collaboration of the cowards. One is happy to fight but doesn't want responsability, the other one craves responsability but doesn't want to fight. No wonder people who supported them until now are giving up.

And in which foreign land is Thailand's supreme coward at the moment (tucked up safely with his family of course)?

I have no doubt Kubrick and Spielberg would stay on the set whilst their masterpieces are unfolding, unlike that mediocre tinpot absentee director you seem so fond of. And he ain't even good looking :o

Great dictator, not director, surely ? Where is Charlie Chaplin, when there's another great film, for him to make ? :o

THAILAND: Police confirm 82 who broke into NBT were PAD members

Police press four more charges against suspects of NBT break-in

Bangkok Post

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Police yesterday confirmed all 82 people arrested for breaking into the state-owned television station NBT on Tuesday were members of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD). They said they were not members of a third party as the PAD had tried to claim.

Deputy national police chief Jongrak Juthanont said the raid on NBT was not a set-up by station staff.

The raid was the work of 82 people who called themselves "Srivijaya warriors" who worked as guards for the PAD.

The www.manager.co.th website of core PAD leader Sondhi Limthongkul also called the 82 people "Srivijaya warriors".

The raid was well-planned and tasks were delegated to each person, Pol Gen Jongrak said.

The deputy police chief yesterday led a group of senior police officers on an inspection of the television station on Vibhavadi Rangsit road.

They found that the first, second and sixth floors of the building had been involved in the raid.

On the first floor, many footprints were found in front of the reception to Princess Ubolratana's room which was next to the station's studio.

The door to the princess' room was damaged. The two other floors were partly damaged.

Pol Gen Jongrak said four more charges have been pressed against the suspects. The new charges were using communication radios without permission, unlawful possession of firearms, carrying knives without permission and possessing narcotics. Seized items included one handgun, one shotgun, several knives and krathom leaves which have a stimulant effect.

The Criminal Court yesterday denied them bail, saying they had committed violent crimes.

Suriyong Hunthasan, the acting director of NBT, said the hard-disc system of the station's closed-circuit camera had been destroyed in the raid. The station would not reopen until repairs were completed. However, NBT could broadcast its programmes via other avenues. Meanwhile, Panlop Pinmanee, the former deputy director of the Internal Security Operations Command (Isoc), denied he was behind the PAD rally or its siege of Government House.

He admitted he had close ties with Chamlong Srimuang, a PAD leader, but said they had different methods of pursuing their causes.

Maj-Gen Chamlong embraced "ahimsa", or the principle of non-violence, in fighting the government while he had less patience than the PAD core leader, Gen Panlop said.

If he had engineered the PAD moves, the demonstrations would not have lasted three months, he said.

He never attended the PAD rallies and the protest leaders had never asked him for advice.

Gen Panlop dismissed any link with the raids on NBT. The PAD protesters also occupied other government agencies before retreating later.

Earlier, deputy government spokesman Natthawut Saikua suggested the raids were connected to former military officers critical of the government.

It was alleged Sqn Ldr Prasong Soonsiri, a former charter writer, and Gen Panlop might be behind the PAD movement. Gen Panlop warned Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej not to impose the emergency decree in order to try to break up the PAD protests. That could easily lead to the situation getting completely out of hand.

Date Posted: 8/28/2008

Just for you H90, just in case you forgot