Where To Fix An Iphone In Bkk?

dudeyone

So my iPhone got soaked during some Songkran madness. I am trying the rice technique and drying it out a little to see if it works. If it doesn't, where can I get it fixed in BKK? It's a first generation model, no warranty and all that. Also, how much roughly?

When phones get wet you must turn them off immediately to mitigate any damage. They need to be opened up and allowed to dry out as water will hide in the nooks and crannies of the phone. Most phones use a T6 torx screwdriver to open. An iPhone also needs something like a guitar pick or plastic tools designed to pry open phones and other delicate electronics (metal will damage the case). Once everything is dry it needs to be reassembled and tested. If no damage it will be ok. If something fried water damage is very hard to diagnose and you might be wasting money trying to fix it. Below is a URL for a complete set of tools need to open the phone for only $3.00 with free shipping (yes they ship to Thailand, I order from this place a lot).

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11839

Plus you need one of these T6 Torx screwdrivers for another $1.97 with free shipping.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7706

Many stores at Fortune IT Mall, Laksi IT Square and MBK know how to take apart, dry and reassemble the phones. Probably cost you a couple to a few hundred baht.

So my iPhone got soaked during some Songkran madness. I am trying the rice technique and drying it out a little to see if it works. If it doesn't, where can I get it fixed in BKK? It's a first generation model, no warranty and all that. Also, how much roughly?
Edited by jackbox

Ah I ain't really good with hardware and for sure not electronics so anything I dissemble with surely not fit back. So just go to Fortune IT and tell them my problem and a few hundred BHT will fix it?

Before you have your phone fixed, write down the serial number. You might have to leave the phone in the shop and "come back in 1 hour"...

From my own inexperiences I can confirm I was returned back a different phone rather than the one I brought in for repair.

This took place in MBK. IMHO Fortune is the better place to go.

Since Songran is still on going. Always carry a zip lock bag with you. Or even better something like the BeachBuoy zip lock bag.

http://proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=...&t_mode=des

That wasn't an iphone though was it? Did they actually transfer the data from your old phone to the new one to pass of the new one as your old phone?

Ah I ain't really good with hardware and for sure not electronics so anything I dissemble with surely not fit back. So just go to Fortune IT and tell them my problem and a few hundred BHT will fix it?

Before you have your phone fixed, write down the serial number. You might have to leave the phone in the shop and "come back in 1 hour"...

From my own inexperiences I can confirm I was returned back a different phone rather than the one I brought in for repair.

That wasn't an iphone though was it? Did they actually transfer the data from your old phone to the new one to pass of the new one as your old phone?

My advise was general!

Some guys at MBK or similar places can do everything if they really like your phone or camera...!

No worries, mine is scratched badly and has a crack on the screen.

My iphone got soaked. It wouldnt turn on and the apple logo kept comming and going.

I turned it off, and left it for two days on my (warm) computer box. I cant dissaseble an Iphone.

Any way it seems fine now.

Sounds like a good oppo to fix it up, if patient drying doesnt work.

Let us know what happens?