Thinking Of Hitting Phuket Around 18th May Ish

crabstix

I know two people who are planning to visit Phuket beach around 18th May. They are interested in Karon beach and Kata beach. What is the weather likely to be like during this period? Also, more importantly, with the current political situation in Thailand now, do you think it is safe to visit?

Thanks

I know two people who are planning to visit Phuket beach around 18th May. They are interested in Karon beach and Kata beach. What is the weather likely to be like during this period? Also, more importantly, with the current political situation in Thailand now, do you think it is safe to visit?

Thanks

dam_n hot.

I do not think any sensible tourists have been in any danger , the only problems in Phuket recently was the airport closure due to "protestors"

Edited by ged

Thanks

dam_n hot.

I do not think any sensible tourists have been in any danger , the only problems in Phuket recently was the airport closure due to "protestors"

It will be hot and humid with some rain re rainy season although we're not supposed to say that.

The 'low season' doesn't exist anymore. Officially, it's now Summer season.

Safe? I don't think your familiar with Phuket, are you?

The only dangers here have nothing to do with politics.

Karon has strong currents with a few not so good swimmers drowning each month.

Try to avoid drunk driving motorbikes especially at night.

And don't do what you wouldn't do in your own country.

All in all could be very pleasant time with cheap prices and no more hordes of tourists. Enjoy!