Onshore-offshore

I am returning to Thailand at the end of the year on a retirement visa. I will be carrying approx $A10,000 in cash and will have a further $A100,000 available. Being an absolute dunce regarding onshore/offshore accounts and exchange rates. I am at a complete loss what to do. I will have a liveable pension but could easily require large amounts at any given time, maybe to purchase a car, condo etc. There will be a further 5,000 English pounds available at a further date.

Can anybody please advise me regarding my banking. :)

I am returning to Thailand at the end of the year on a retirement visa. I will be carrying approx $A10,000 in cash and will have a further $A100,000 available. Being an absolute dunce regarding onshore/offshore accounts and exchange rates. I am at a complete loss what to do. I will have a liveable pension but could easily require large amounts at any given time, maybe to purchase a car, condo etc. There will be a further 5,000 English pounds available at a further date.

Can anybody please advise me regarding my banking. :)

This may not be the best but here is where I keep track of the rates: http://www.scb.co.th/html/exchange/bk-pvsexchange.htm

I usually wire the money in (look at the T/T rate). Up until recent I have only sent small amounts but a few weeks ago sent a large amount. Siam Commercial will actually hold your money (no interest) until you tell them when to deposit it into your account, so you can get the best rate, which will be slightly better than the advertised rate.