Looking For An Oven

SimonP

Was wondering if anyone had any experiences buying an oven in Bangkok? I'd like to get some recommendations of a good oven that is not too expensive. Should I be looking at western brands only, or are there some good (cheaper) Asian brands that would be reliable.

Thanks in advance,

Simon.

progress.gif

hi ,as a retired chef living in bangkok it is hard to find a good oven.

the full size or built in ones like we have in the west are the best.

but i did see a new oven on the market,don't know the make,but it is steam as well as conventional.centrel department store sell them for 30,000 bahts plus you get some extras.

you do not want to buy cheap ovens they are a waste of time and money,or too small.

I bought a Fagor which was only 10k, reduced I think from 20k...that was well over a year ago and is a fantastic piece of work.....was from Homemart...doubt they still got at 10k but can recommend Fagor for sure...be wary of what the sales people tell you...I visited at least 3 times and was told on different visits that Fagor was rubbish as built in China, was great as came from Europe and 3rd time no comment.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Today I saw Fagor advertised in a Homepro Brochure for 13900 baht. It's really my maximum budget but that is the cheapest western brand I have come across so far.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Today I saw Fagor advertised in a Homepro Brochure for 13900 baht. It's really my maximum budget but that is the cheapest western brand I have come across so far.

As I said, mine is a fantastic purchase, does the job well etc...snap it up if they are that price...

along this idea, have many had and success finding decent sized convection/microwaves? I know Sharp makes a few but have not seen them around the traps, any other suggestions? Although I would love a full size, with a smallish apt and only two of us, its a challenge, I think this may suit better my needs.

Oz

I bought a Fagor which was only 10k, reduced I think from 20k...that was well over a year ago and is a fantastic piece of work.....was from Homemart...doubt they still got at 10k but can recommend Fagor for sure...be wary of what the sales people tell you...I visited at least 3 times and was told on different visits that Fagor was rubbish as built in China, was great as came from Europe and 3rd time no comment.

I also got a Fargo, have used it for about 4 years and very happy with it. It is made in Spain.

I v had some different ovens in LOS, and the Fagor is really worth its money. As good as any Smeg or Siemens, and at a fraction of the price. Fagor is excellent value for money, and excellent after sales service in LOS. 11-13k baht depending on features.

Like you I wanted an oven but my space was limited so I bought a 3 in 1 (microwave, grill and oven) made by Toshiba. It even has a stone oven menu list which I haven't tried yet. It cost me 10k baht and I thought it would be money down the drain but I have no regrets and would buy another one in a second.

Its worth your time to see if it fits your needs.

Like you I wanted an oven but my space was limited so I bought a 3 in 1 (microwave, grill and oven) made by Toshiba. It even has a stone oven menu list which I haven't tried yet. It cost me 10k baht and I thought it would be money down the drain but I have no regrets and would buy another one in a second.

Do you happen to have a model number to check out for this?

Oz

I was looking about a year ago and ended up with a built in Siemens Quantum Speed (combination microwave, grill, convection oven and light oven). Wasn't cheap (about 40k) but its really good.

Do you happen to have a model number to check out for this?

Oz

I am out of town for another week so I cannot provide model number at this time but will post upon my return. I think it was something like ER-B7TC but cannot be sure. Mine is the one that has turntable and does stone oven in addition to oven and grill.

If you can't wait for exact model number they had several models at the Emporium in appliances section. I also saw the model I have at the Carrefour located in On Nut.

I bought the same oven and I love it, but it's not big enough to cook a big turkey if that is what you are looking for. The model is one of these (its the 4 on the manual and can't find any indication which is the one for mine) . For 10k baht its really great.

ER-B7TC

ER-B7TI

ER-B7TU

ER-B7TR

Bought mine at Carrefoure

Edited by TheLaughingMan

I bought the same oven and I love it, but it's not big enough to cook a big turkey if that is what you are looking for. The model is one of these (its the 4 on the manual and can't find any indication which is the one for mine) . For 10k baht its really great.

ER-B7TC

ER-B7TI

ER-B7TU

ER-B7TR

Bought mine at Carrefoure

Look on the oven itself and see if you see label with model number.

Your right it won't do a large turkey but it might do a small 5-6 kilo bird. One day must measure to see if possible.