Prostate Cancer

offset

I would like to offer my effort of help; while looking for the best treatment/diagnosis it would be good to already start thinking of treatment. Please google "budwig diet". Dr Budwig was a many times noble price nominee who developed a unique approach to treating cancer that actually worked, she cured thousands of patients over the years with her very simple natural diet.

she was vehemntly against radiation treatment and often cured patients who had been sent home to die from the medical establishment.

The ingredients to the diet is simple, low fat cottage cheese and flax seed oil. cottage cheese you can buy in foodland as well as whole flax seeds, oil is not available anywhere I searched so one must make the oil in the kitchen using a seed oil extractor, often this machine is a combination of juicer and seed exctractor. It is a healthy diet and it doesńt do any harm to try it out, there are only benefits. A word of caution, eating the seed whole grinded can be done but I found I got allergic reactions from this, this I think is why Dr Budwig used only the oil in her recipe.

Of course I am not saying the doctors treatment should be replaced but it cannot do any harm to try any alternatives in paralell.

Edited by Crow Boy
resized script for ease of reading

Researchers Cite Cancer Breakthrough: Inoperable Tumors Almost Vanish

For years it’s been medicine’s Holy Grail -- a cure for cancer. Doctors at the Mayo Clinic aren’t saying they’ve found it, but they think they may be getting close.

Two patients whose prostate cancer had been considered inoperable are now cancer-free, doctors say. The men were treated using an experimental drug therapy that was used in combination with standardized hormone treatment and radiation therapy.

The men were participating in a clinical trial of an immunotherapeutic agent called MDX-010 or ipilimumab. In these two cases, physicians say the approach initiated the death of a majority of cancer cells and caused the tumors to shrink dramatically, allowing surgery. In both cases, the aggressive tumors had grown well beyond the prostate into the abdominal areas.

"The goal of the study was to see if we could modestly improve upon current treatments for advanced prostate cancer," said Dr. Eugene Kwon, Mayo Clinic urologist and leader of the clinical trial. "The candidates for this study were people who didn't have a lot of other options. However, we were startled to see responses that far exceeded any of our expectations."

The patients first received a type of hormone therapy called androgen ablation, which removes testosterone and usually causes some initial reduction in tumor size. Researchers then introduced a single dose of ipilimumab, an antibody, which builds on the anti-tumor action of the hormone and causes a much larger immune response, resulting in massive death of the tumor cells.

Both men experienced consistent drops in their PSA counts over the following weeks until both were deemed eligible for surgery. Then, during surgery, came a greater surprise.

"The tumors had shrunk dramatically," said Dr. Michael Blute, Mayo urologist, co-investigator and surgeon, who operated on both men. "I had never seen anything like this before. I had a hard time finding the cancer. At one point the pathologist, who was working during surgery, asked if we were sending him samples from the same patient."

One patient underwent radiation therapy after surgery; both have resumed their regular lives. Further research is being planned to understand more about the mechanisms of the antibody and how best to use the approach in practice. The researchers, however, note the significance of their findings.

Article courtesy of ConsumerAffairs.com http://consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/06/mayo_cancer.html