Arabian Darabouka/doumbek Drum In Bangkok

Timeless

Hi all,

I think it´s time for a new instrument and I always wanted to learn to play percussion. So I´m looking for a Darabouka/Doumbek to buy in Bangkok. I looked around, asked in a few shops but it seems difficult to find them - or maybe just where I looked.

I got the tip that I should look in Middle Eastern shops - do you have any idea where?

Maybe you know where to find percussion drums in BKK.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I think it´s time for a new instrument and I always wanted to learn to play percussion. So I´m looking for a Darabouka/Doumbek to buy in Bangkok. I looked around, asked in a few shops but it seems difficult to find them - or maybe just where I looked.

I got the tip that I should look in Middle Eastern shops - do you have any idea where?

Maybe you know where to find percussion drums in BKK.

Thanks in advance!

You could look around Suk soi 3 and 5 but unlikely to find such a thing.

Percussion wise Bangkok is not great, music stores usually have Congas, Bongos and I've seen a few overpriced Djembes but sadly no Doumbeks, if you find one let me and if see anything I'll do likewise.

Hi guys,

thank you for your replies. I managed to find an Alexandria Doumbek here in Bangkok at

rumpuree.com

studio in 5th floor Amarin Plaza, Ploenchit Rd. (opposite of the Intercontinental and Holiday Inn Hotel). They have a 3 left for sale.

The studio also offered lessons by an Egyption teacher but he just left and they are looking for a new teacher.

On Fridays they have drum circles which sound fun - but it's for Djembe only.

The Doumbek was 3K and for that price it's ok.

Edited by Timeless