Chipper Shredder

Dodobird

Hi,

Does anyone know where to buy a chipper shredder. :) I have lots of twigs and leaves from my garden which I want to made compost out of it. Any lead will be appreciated.

Btw, I live in korat.

Hi,

Does anyone know where to buy a chipper shredder. :) I have lots of twigs and leaves from my garden which I want to made compost out of it. Any lead will be appreciated.

Btw, I live in korat.

I may be able to offer some advice, although not where to buy such a machine in Khorat.

A few years ago I bought a 6.5 hp Pattipong portable chipping machine for mulching the invasive weed Mimosa pigra, which you will see spreading aggressively along roadsides, canal edges and riverbanks across Thailand. The model number was P1133H and it did a good job for a year. The power belt needs watching though and has to be just the right tension, or can slip off easily.

It used to be available in large agricultural machinery shops all over Isaan, and I would wager that there is a dealer in Korat selling them. Price back then was about 37,000 baht. You may need to ask around though and there may be other brands available now doing the same thing, like Yanmar or Honda. The Pattipong model is Thai made. I originally saw it on display at the Khon Kaen Agricultural Fair, so those kind of events are good for checking out what kind of machinery is on offer at any given time.

Hope this helps. :D

Hi,

Does anyone know where to buy a chipper shredder. :D I have lots of twigs and leaves from my garden which I want to made compost out of it. Any lead will be appreciated.

Btw, I live in korat.

Hi DB

All the local snakes are keenly awaiting the arrival of your compost heap. Nice warm damp environment to lay eggs. :)

TBWG :D

Hi,

Btw, I live in korat.

Go to the Farming in Thailand forum, there has been previous discussion and there are several members from Korat area that may give you some tips. I could tell you exactly where to buy it in Chiang Mai, but I don't know Korat.

The price quoted by another poster is about right for a medium sized unit here, the larger heavy duty unit is twice that.

post-74166-1243736758_thumb.jpg

post-74166-1243736804_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...