La Dolce Vita Restaurant Recession Victim

MeetJohnDoe

According to the website of the "new" La Dolce Vita Italian restaurant, they have closed for the months of June and July due to the current "economic climate." Sheeze...I never got around to trying this place!

Looks like a nice place from the web pics and I remember the publicity surrounding their opening and the food & music concerts they were presenting there. Bad time to make this substantial investment I guess and too bad for the Thais who are out of their jobs (at least for now).

From the comments, I guess I didn't miss anything. That must be some sorta record however, how long were they open...1 or 2 months?

have you seen the new Pizza place in the food court in central mall? looks ok but prices are very high for a food court ,it was deserted ,afraid we wont be trying it at those prices,not in a food court anyway.

have you seen the new Pizza place in the food court in central mall? looks ok but prices are very high for a food court ,it was deserted ,afraid we wont be trying it at those prices,not in a food court anyway.

Is it the foodcourt or the restaurant right next to it called Pizza Pizza, if so you walked past the best pizza in all of Thailand.

Is it the foodcourt or the restaurant right next to it called Pizza Pizza, if so you walked past the best pizza in all of Thailand.

yes i have tried their pizza at another restaurant ,its owned by Thai woman and a Falang (actress isnt she?) but at between 1300 and 1800 baht for a pizza i want to go out to a restaurant not sit in a food court next to the entrance to a food store.

its just in the wrong place.

Edited by thaimate

I think you are referring to the "Pizza Pizza by Yani" place? I have not tried that outlet but there is another one at the Avenue Mall next to the Au Bon Pain. I have eaten there and the pizzas are not bad (if you like thin crust), if a little pricy and none too big either :) One dish I do like of theirs is the ravoli with black truffle cream sauce...it's to die for but expensive too because of the truffles.

Agree that I wouldn't pay these prices to sit and eat in a basement food court like their Central branch.

On the plus side...Pizza Big in Naklua should be open soon from their remode.