A Day In The Life Of An Expat In Chaing Mai

bcboy5440

... snip ... Finally of course, no one can forget nor deny the finest dining available here at the Burger King in the Night Bazaar. They very recently expanded the tasty, exotic menus for you ... the mr.potato-head mash on top of ersatz ice-cream a la cholesterole is a real heart-stopper now, and quite a threat among several other tastefully deadly items! Make no mistake a fine healthy way to run out the clock on your remaining time on Gods earth is right here in Chiang Mai eating yourself to death ...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Ingratehead333,

After decoding your message, I feel a twinge of brotherly compassion for you : I heard Elvis singing : "Are you lonesome tonight ?"

Are not enough little birds coming to clean the plaque between your fearsome gnashers as you stretch open your mighty jaws ?

Keep the faith, Brother, because you are paying for it by the minute.

~o:37;

... snip ... Finally of course, no one can forget nor deny the finest dining available here at the Burger King in the Night Bazaar. They very recently expanded the tasty, exotic menus for you ... the mr.potato-head mash on top of ersatz ice-cream a la cholesterole is a real heart-stopper now, and quite a threat among several other tastefully deadly items! Make no mistake a fine healthy way to run out the clock on your remaining time on Gods earth is right here in Chiang Mai eating yourself to death ...

After decoding your message, I feel a twinge of brotherly compassion for you : I heard Elvis singing : "Are you lonesome tonight ?"

Are not enough little birds coming to clean the plaque between your fearsome gnashers as you stretch open your mighty jaws ?

Keep the faith, Brother, because you are paying for it by the minute.

i would think that for someone to have this menu of this eatery at the tip of his tongue...

very sad

Unable to grasp the finer things in life due to social, economic upbringing or just a momthers lack of basic prenatal vitimins ..

. . . . .

After decoding your message, I feel a twinge of brotherly compassion for you . . .

And after reading yours, I am so overwhelmed with pity for him that I can hardly stop laughing . . . :)

The writers club has a small group of members who meet once a week at the Papparazi restaurant. I received some valuable advice from them. You "might" hear some negative replies about the expat club, but ignore them. If you only meet one or two people from the group that you could make friends with then it's been a success.
Edited by gatorhead333

Gatorhead, part of many of us Expat's day is posting on Thai Visa and you have to remember that it is not a "right" and it is far from a perfect institution. If you want to keep using it, sometimes you have to tread lightly.

I don't mean to lecture you, but despite your rough edges, I enjoy having you on the forum and it has been a real snooze lately without you. I think that your bark is worse than your bite and would prefer that you stick around.

One suggestion, it is best not to get sarcastic with the mods - even the less fair ones - and PeaceBlondie is one of the best in the business. They can do ANYTHING they want according to the rules that we agreed to when we joined, and if you are not happy, you can either bite your lip and take it like a man or get thrown off for getting angry.

Remember that a lot of posters are complete jerks and the mods have to deal with them as well as fine figures of humanity such ourselves. It is not an easy job.

Everyone that posts here often, knows that there is no such thing as "free speech". The people who decide who gets thrown off and who stays also decide the politics and the values of the forum and if you do not agree with their point of view, you better not be too obvious about it. They do allow a certain amount of dissent, but only a certain amount.

According to the rules, it is their forum and they can do as they like and if you question a moderator's decision you are breaking the rules by doing so - It does not matter if they are wrong or right and you need to remember that.

I am not trying to be condescending, but just some food for thought. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Gatorhead, part of many of us Expat's day is posting on Thai Visa and you have to remember that it is not a "right" and it is far from a perfect institution. If you want to keep using it, sometimes you have to tread lightly.

I don't mean to lecture you, but despite your rough edges, I enjoy having you on the forum and it has been a real snooze lately without you. I think that your bark is worse than your bite and would prefer that you stick around.

One suggestion, it is best not to get sarcastic with the mods - even the less fair ones - and PeaceBlondie is one of the best in the business. They can do ANYTHING they want according to the rules that we agreed to when we joined, and if you are not happy, you can either bite your lip and take it like a man or get thrown off for getting angry.

Remember that a lot of posters are complete jerks and the mods have to deal with them as well as fine figures of humanity such ourselves. It is not an easy job.

Everyone that posts here often, knows that there is no such thing as "free speech". The people who decide who gets thrown off and who stays also decide the politics and the values of the forum and if you do not agree with their point of view, you better not be too obvious about it. They do allow a certain amount of dissent, but only a certain amount.

According to the rules, it is their forum and they can do as they like and if you question a moderator's decision you are breaking the rules by doing so - It does not matter if they are wrong or right and you need to remember that.

I am not trying to be condescending, but just some food for thought. :)

sure o.k........

let keep it at the deep level of discussing the do and do nots of whole wheat pancakes with sweet and lo...

If you want to complain about pollution or something along those lines your contributions will be most welcome. :D

But that is Mapguy's area. If you envourage others to take on that job what will Mapguy do with his time? :)

Most of my days in Chiang Mai have a sort of routine. I get up about 8 to 9 AM and go for a walk of anywhere from 5 to 12 kilometers. Somewhere along the way I stop for a Thai breakfast of Kow Pad moo (stir fried rice and pork) or sometimes even a falong breakfast. I'll pick up a few bottles of fresh squeezed orange juice on the way back to my hotel room where I'll spend a few hours on the internet.

After that it is a few hours of creative writing (working on a book) or drawing. After looking at the computer screen for several hours my eyes will be too tired to continue and I'll need a nap for almost exactly one hour. Then I'll awake refreshed and eat a bit of fresh fruit (bananas, oranges, pineapple, melon, mango etc) and walk over to a friend's place to spend a hour talking or maybe go shopping. Maybe we'll plan on going out for supper as a group or some other entertainment.

About 10PM I'll hop on my motorcycle and ride into the Loi Kroh area where I'll visit two bars where I know the staff. I'll play some pool and head for home somewhere between midnight and one AM. I'll check the internet one more time and hit the hay. About two or three times a week one or more of my several lady friends will come visit me in the afternoon.

Interspersed in this routine I'll do some shopping and go for ride in the country on my motorcycle. I have a lady friend who likes to go for a walk, so occasionally I'll do part of the trail up Doi Suthep. I also have a good friend who likes to fish and he does most of the planning for both of us.

Over my five months annually in Thailand I'll take a trip down to the Krabi area for a week and a trip to my time share in Jomptien. I usually visit the family I look after in Kanchanaburi either coming or going on my southern trips.

It's a bit of a routine, but it fits my life style. I can't say it would suit everyone.

Sounds "Perfect" to me Ian :)

Rasseru, post # 11. Very witty!!

You are very kind. If one out of twenty of my desperate and foolish attempts at wit does anything better than invite pity, I am pleased.

Loved it!

The post after was the cherry on the cake.

Some people don't do irony.