Ubon Ratchathani

jay-uk

Are there any TV members or expats living in or close to Sawang Wirawong. I wanted to keep in touch with anyone from that area which is only 15 mins drive from the city. If anyone who lives there could send me a PM it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Although not that close to Sawang Wirawong I live just outside Det Udom, and would also be interested in getting in contact with any other TV members in this area

I'm about 50 km south of Det Udom, just west of Nam Yun - on rd 2248. :)

Although not that close to Sawang Wirawong I live just outside Det Udom, and would also be interested in getting in contact with any other TV members in this area

I'm about 50 km south of Det Udom, just west of Nam Yun - on rd 2248. :)

I am 25KM west of Det Udom on the main road to Bangkok (rd24)

Thanks guys for letting me know how close you both are. I've checked on Google Earth and you both are 1hr+ south/south west. You are close enough for a beer when we get back for a holiday next time around. Our main home is in Kamyai close to city centre but my family have a farm in Sawang Wirawong and we wanted to know if any farangs live near by. It may be a long shot but you never know. Ubon is growing so anything is possible. When we first moved to Kamyai 10 years ago there were no foreigners now our village has 4 or 5. In time maybe sawang Wirawong will be the same. I would not be suprised if there were already farangs there.

We went to a Thai friends BBQ yesterday in our village in UK and one of the Thai ladies there with her husband has a home next to Big C and 5 mins from our home in Ubon.... the world is a smaller than we think sometimes.

Thanks guys for letting me know how close you both are. I've checked on Google Earth and you both are 1hr+ south/south west. You are close enough for a beer when we get back for a holiday next time around. Our main home is in Kamyai close to city centre but my family have a farm in Sawang Wirawong and we wanted to know if any farangs live near by. It may be a long shot but you never know. Ubon is growing so anything is possible. When we first moved to Kamyai 10 years ago there were no foreigners now our village has 4 or 5. In time maybe sawang Wirawong will be the same. I would not be suprised if there were already farangs there.

We went to a Thai friends BBQ yesterday in our village in UK and one of the Thai ladies there with her husband has a home next to Big C and 5 mins from our home in Ubon.... the world is a smaller than we think sometimes.

Hi Jay,

I'm not sure where Sawang Wirawong is, but I am just outside Phibun Mangsahan

15°16'4.77"N

105°17'45.60"E

There's a cold one in the fridge :-)

Cheers,

Mike

Hello Mike

based on Google Earth you are <30 mins from Sawang Wirawong and you probably pass through there on your travels in/out of Ubon city. I'll have to come and see you next time around for that beer. :)

Jay

Hello Mike

based on Google Earth you are <30 mins from Sawang Wirawong and you probably pass through there on your travels in/out of Ubon city. I'll have to come and see you next time around for that beer. :)

Jay

Hi Jay,

Yes, I know it - I think its the place with the new patch of concrete for the market, on the south side of the main road. I go through there at least twice a week....

See you on your next visit.

Cheers,

Mike

• 1 month later...
hello guys,

i`m 15 clicks west of det udom, live here on the parents farm, rice a plenty,

need to build our own place, baby on the way,

we have bought a couple of rai,

i`m looking for a cement mixer and any building materials if anyone has any for sale,

i can collect,

bill,

[email protected]

You can get most of the building materials you need - including cement mixer - in Det Udom :)

hello guys,

i`m 15 clicks west of det udom, live here on the parents farm, rice a plenty,

need to build our own place, baby on the way,

we have bought a couple of rai,

i`m looking for a cement mixer and any building materials if anyone has any for sale,

i can collect,

bill,

[email protected]

You can hire a cement mixer, probably in Det Udom as Bergen says; but my builders have always preferred to mix by hand!

Good luck with the house and baby.

Cheers,

Mike