Guillaume Le Clignotant Reviens Au Chiangmai

Rasseru

Yessir, the one and only Guillaume le Clignotant. Unlike Guillaume le Conquérant, who came and saw and . . . yes, conquered, this is the one who came and saw and . . . blinked. Still, we love him. Or pretend we do, as long he's the big man picking up the tab and all.

But I digress!

To help us celebrate and revel in the return of Mr Blinky Bill to our shores, for however brief a time, he has condescended to appear before and with, and consume vast quantities of alcoholic beverages with, any who wish to reciprocate at a local establishment known and loved by most of us, namely, Tuskers, on the evening of Friday, July the 17th.

No formal word on the start time just yet, but I suggest that any who wish to join be thinking about gathering at 7-ish. This may change as the date approaches.

Oh, and no need whatsoever to pretend to love the man this time, as he will not be playing the big man and will not be picking up the tab.

I read with awe his request to me to explain to all that 'dickheads may attend' -- the sheer brazen effrontery and presumption take one's breath away, do they not? I mean, as if! Who else would dream of showing up, after all? I'll be there, naturally, and I join Guillaume in looking forward to your company.

Edited by Rasseru

I mean, as if! Who else would dream of showing up, after all? I'll be there, naturally, and I join Guillaume in looking forward to your company.

I will be there if I am able. I am perfectly happy to meet Blinky with no bribes necessary. It would be great if he made Chiang Mai his main base once again. :)partytime2.gif

Unlike Guillaume le Conquérant, who came and saw and . . . yes, conquered,

Actually it's Caesar who came, saw and conquered. . . .

I'll let you in on a not-very-well kept secret: Guillaume le Conquérant did too.

[Note questionable use of hyphens.]

With such kind words, Razzarooo, I guess I'd best show up to this most auspicious occasion.

And for my dear friend Tigerbeer....Tidak apa apa kawan, saya mau pergi ke negari lain bulan ini tgl 21 tapi akan pulang lagi 7 minggu depan. Sampai jumpa lagi bulan September. :)

With such kind words, Razzarooo, I guess I'd best show up to this most auspicious occasion.

And for my dear friend Tigerbeer....Tidak apa apa kawan, saya mau pergi ke negari lain bulan ini tgl 21 tapi akan pulang lagi 7 minggu depan. Sampai jumpa lagi bulan September. :D

My Bahasa Malaysia is a bit rusty these days (as it always has been), but I hope your message to our mutual friend Tigerbeer means that you'll be back in September :) I am presently spending time in a cold and damp Farawayland, so I won't be able to make it this time.

Do have a great evening, and don't forget the tequila :D

/ Priceless

And for my dear friend Tigerbeer....Tidak apa apa kawan, saya mau pergi ke negari lain bulan ini tgl 21 tapi akan pulang lagi 7 minggu depan. Sampai jumpa lagi bulan September. :D

My Bahasa Malaysia is a bit rusty these days (as it always has been), but I hope your message to our mutual friend Tigerbeer means that you'll be back in September :) I am presently spending time in a cold and damp Farawayland, so I won't be able to make it this time.

Do have a great evening, and don't forget the tequila :D

/ Priceless

The tequila will be there Priceless, a special bottle in memory of a special friend. Hopefully you can imbibe in September.

I may be in your part of the world in about 2-3 weeks time on another project, I'll PM you.

Bad news. The gathering at Tuskers this Friday is cancelled. Blinky can't make it. He says it has nothing to do with his having found, as recently reported on another topic, the pussy he had been so desperately seeking, but you may wish to draw your own conclusions.

:)

Or ... Brigitte Bardot's Big Bad Bloody Boring Beautiful Boy' ... hhhmmmm .... Nope

uhhh ... Brigitte Bardot's Big Bad Boring Bloody Beautiful Beary Blinky Billy-Boy' .... that's a bit better .... :D :D

Sorry I can't be there, but I'll be there in spirit if not in flesh.

In that case, I'm sorry, but I'm calling it off. First Blinky, now you. Forget it, cancelled and over and done with. Won't be happening. :)

Sorry I can't be there, but I'll be there in spirit if not in flesh.

Its been canceled Ian. So you have both spirit and flesh to spend your time fishing instead :) .

I have been fishing. I've spent the past week smoking, canning and freezing salmon...

Stabler_and_Hamish_sockeye.jpg

As soon as I finish up this batch I'm going back for more.

I've spent the past week smoking salmon

It shows in your posts. By the way, is it legal?

Is WHAT legal, catching and keeping a limit of 4 salmon per day? We are allowed a possesion limit of a two days catch when traveling home by vehicle. The fishing is strictly regulated except for the First Nations people who can do anything they want... and do. Smoking, canning and freezing a legal limit of salmon allows me to release the remainder of all other fish I catch, and still have enough fish to eat for the remainder of the year.