Gaichon Thai

Has any one in a Changwat (province) of Thailand incubated chicken eggs air-freighted from USA? What is the outcome?

I got nothing out of 12 fresh eggs. All rot but fertile... The came from USA to Nongkhai near the Thai-Lao border.

Thank you.

Forgive my ignorance here, but wouldn't eggs airfreighted be put in the hold of the airplane and would thus, freeze during the flight?

Also, I am pretty sure you need a special import for that kind of thing. Seems you would be better of looking for the chickens you want here in Thailand, rather than trying to ship in eggs.....

if u buy from american breeders (remember it is illegal in most states but some of the breeds can still be bought as ornamentals) then they should know how to ship and the regulations for shipping...just like shipping livestock ; need certificates, health stuff, import taxes etc.... the breeds go for about 1000$!! and in most states are illegal so i would stick with thai breeds.

j

bina

israel

• 1 month later...
Has any one in a Changwat (province) of Thailand incubated chicken eggs air-freighted from USA? What is the outcome?

I got nothing out of 12 fresh eggs. All rot but fertile... The came from USA to Nongkhai near the Thai-Lao border.

Thank you.

Kit PM and will see if I can help