P90x Exercise?

FolkGuitar

I guess it was about a year ago that several people here mentioned that they were about to start doing the P90 exercise program.

I was just wondering if anyone actually completed the 90 day workout, how many started it and gave up after the third day, etc., etc.

For those of you who completed the workout, are you still doing it? Were you/are you satisfied with the results?

I'm not planing to do it myself. Too much work and I get enough exercise just pushing my luck, :)

but I was wondering about the results.

I guess it was about a year ago that several people here mentioned that they were about to start doing the P90 exercise program.

I was just wondering if anyone actually completed the 90 day workout, how many started it and gave up after the third day, etc., etc.

For those of you who completed the workout, are you still doing it? Were you/are you satisfied with the results?

I'm not planing to do it myself. Too much work and I get enough exercise just pushing my luck, :)

but I was wondering about the results.

I workout regularly, mostly weight training. I tried to do P90X, but gave up slowly...I just did the videos I liked, then did them less and less.... It didn't give me the same satisfaction that weight training does. Also, I hated the amount of sweat.....advice, don't do the videos on carpet :S

Well, mine was going good until I crashed my Vespa.

The video's are right here on the desk next to me and I have started to do some P90X "light" type work with disc # 1- chest & back, disc # 3 shoulders and arms and #4 yoga while my ribs continue to heal.

Problem is following the diet. Made up more for the western grocery store and now that I'm living in the sticks, I find it very hard to find the same food products. No Rimping out here...

I hope to be bringing it within a few months.

I hope

I hope

I hope

• 2 years later...

I "obtained" a copy of beach body insanity. These are much easier to deal with thing an having to listen to Tony over an dover. I never made it 3 weeks into the p90x because he annoys me too dam_n much. Insanity is cardio circuit training, not for the weak of heart.

It is called P90x, the x standing in for EXTREME! It is NOT a program designed for people who have been inactive for some time. It is however a fantastic program that allows you to tailor to what your ultimate fitness goals are. The package even includes meal plans. I chose to complete the 'lean' routine and was VERY pleased with my results over a 3 month period. I did take it very seriously so I worked out 5-6 days a week. Again the results were terrific!

I do agree that Tony can get annoying, but he's hardly as bad or grating on the ears as most DVD trainers are. Also... if you listen carefully, he says some pretty kinky stuff....

I did P90X last year for the first time. It was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I made it through the whole 90 days of workouts and saw tremendous results. I improvised on my own eating plan and basically ate food that was good for me and avoided stuff that's not good for me (deep fried food, sugar, etc.). Most of us know what we should eat and what we shouldn't if we want to be in shape. Frankly, eating smart is harder than doing workouts. Anyone can get on a treadmill, go walking, or lift a dumbbell.

I highly recommend this program to others.