Bangkok And Chiang Mai Voted Among World's Top Cities

churchill

Two cities in Thailand, Bangkok and Chiang Mai, were voted among the top 10 cities in the world for 2009, at Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards, the results of which were published in the August 2009 issue of the magazine.

Travel + Leisure readers selected Bangkok and Chiang Mai as the third and fifth best cities in the world, respectively — as well as second and third best cities in Asia, while the popular islands of Phuket and Ko Samui were awarded the third and fifth best islands in Asia.

Among The Top 100 Hotels in the world, eight were in Thailand, including the Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle in Chiang Rai (#7), the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok (#20) and the Anantara Golden Triangle in Chiang Rai (#53). Additionally, 11 Thai hotels were also named among the top 40 resorts and city hotels in Asia.

The 14th Annual Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards ranks the best cities, hotels, resorts, cruises and airlines worldwide. The awards are the results of an annual, impartial survey that allows its readers to vote for their favourite travel destinations around the world.

Thailand has seen an increase in passengers arriving from the Middle East of 18 percent in the first six months of 2009, over last year.

http://www.allbangkok.com/travelnews/3382.html

Chiang Mai is a great place to flop out.

Laid back, more reasonably priced than many other LoS cities.

World class, guess if mediocrity is your style, OK.

Bangers I love, but for 4 - 5 nites and go.

NOT a top city, noway, and I will be visiting 4 times this year, am addicted to Bangers...............LOL

NOT a top city, noway, and I will be visiting 4 times this year, am addicted to Bangers...............LOL

:D:D Bangkok is not for Cheap Charlies or the meek. :):D:D:D:D:D

4x a year? no wonder cm's ratings is slipping since this report came out........ :)