Quitting Top Flight Football Aged 22

sanmiguellight

<H1 itxtvisited="1">http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5502640,00.html

Football is not for me - Supple

Ipswich have confirmed goalkeeper Shane Supple has had his contract cancelled by mutual consent so he can pursue a career outside football.

The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international only signed a new deal to stay at Portman Road this summer but has decided to leave the game after 38 appearances for the club.

The 22-year-old said: "It's something I have been thinking about for a long while.

"It's obviously a big decision but I feel that playing professional football is not something I want to continue doing as a career. Deep down my heart is not in the game anymore.

"I have fallen out of love with the game and I'd always said if that happened I wouldn't hang around.

"When I was younger all I wanted to do was play in the Premier League but as you grow up you realize there are other things in life and the game is not what I thought it was. People probably think I'm crazy but I'm not going to stay in the game for anyone else."

Looks like Keanes man management skills are working a treat.

</H1>

and the game is not what I thought it was. People probably think I'm crazy but I'm not going to stay in the game for anyone else."

Good on the lad I say. At least he's honest and I for one hope he goes on to persue something he loves.

Fair play, but he's got one hel_l of a chance to set himself up financially for just 5 or 6 years work, i used to know a guy who got a 3 yr contract aged 18 for Villa he said theyd only work/train 2 hours a day 4/5 days a week!