Switch From Honda Cbr150 To Tiger Boxer Rs250

gmac

I have posted on topic in this comparison thread. From about post #10 onward, it has been almost an all-Tiger-Boxer-231.4RS commentary like the all-Tiger Boxer 231.4RS threads. Boxer this, boxer that; a regular Boxer Rebellion, where the factory is in central Thailand, Khun Pariya speaks English, old Boxer and new Boxer seats, limp wriststs (my comment), sore buns, sour grapes. Enjoy..

fyi. it is "Tiger Boxer 250 RS" and if you wish to falsify names (or think that stupid comment is anything like funny or meaningful) than you shall not be moderator!

mbox

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, Guys, Guys. Peace is a good moderator (the job can be difficult and i don't think they get paid, not sure)

His only problem is Tigers and Cbr149.4's. He doesn't like people saying Tigers are better than his beloved Honda Cbr149.4.

So Lets all just step back and stop griping at each other. We all ride bikes and enjoy the experience. So we should stop this back and forward <deleted>.

:):D :D :D :D :D :D

Personal, I have nothing against Peaceblondie, and I agree that overall, it is a very capable moderator, I never complained about Peaceblondie being a moderator.... I criticized some of his postings as being personal, and maybe I would do that more, but remember we are all human we all have feelings...

You would not belief me, I'm also emotional, but then I have workers to relate this feelings onto...

Edited by Richard-BKK

HiPB,

If its so boring why do you comment than,Just leave it and stay away you'll just do yourself a great service.

I never go into honda and kawasaki treads cos these bike are no interest to me.

I do agree with THAICBR if you are taller then 1,86 m i shouldnt recommend a boxer but its the same for the honda and the ninja i saw some people on a ninja they just were like an exploded mouse .

Or does the title hurt you so much PB you cant be so childish isnt it. I'll keep reacting on people who comment on the boxer without ever ridden it before.furthermore if TV doesnt like it they can expell me i dont worry about it, i didnt turn this site into a play garden.

My treads were always my own 26000 km experience on the boxer and i dont have any problem with anyone point of view if they are a solid opinion.

a nice idiom THE TRUTH ALWAYS HURT

happy trails bike lovers

Charlie

Some more pictures about my vision of the Tiger...

as i was trying to order the tiger the whole communication was great.

only... i had to pay the whole price for the bike in advance.

as i am living in germany and only join thailand in my holidays i thought it will be better

to go straight to tiger company when i am there.

my suggestions about the sachs front or a round light like on regular bikes didn't find an open ear..

my suprise that i see kano's modifacation.

post-79753-1251684954_thumb.jpg

post-79753-1251685036_thumb.jpg

post-79753-1251685091_thumb.jpg

Some more pictures about my vision of the Tiger...

as i was trying to order the tiger the whole communication was great.

only... i had to pay the whole price for the bike in advance.

as i am living in germany and only join thailand in my holidays i thought it will be better

to go straight to tiger company when i am there.

my suggestions about the sachs front or a round light like on regular bikes didn't find an open ear..

my suprise that i see kano's modifacation.

Hi there. Interesting pics there.

The decision to give the 2 different version lights a go( the e-boxers light on charlies bike & the vector lights on mine)was just recently made and it is not standard really( as yet). I think they try it out now and see how it goes. In regards of the payment...i live here and paid when i received the bike. But before i ordered the bike i have met Khun pariya personally and tested the boxer too. To be honest if i received an order for a Bike from Germany of someone i haven't met ,nor lives here , i would also tend to ask the payment first. specially if there is any special requests to be made too. Anyways we all hope you get the bike to your wishes and when you are here hope we can meet up sometime too...since we do speak the same mothertongue it'll be easy to communicate:-)

cheers

mbox

hi guys,

for those bike lovers still doubt about the tiger boxers beauty i was on an outing with my gf to ayuthaya.

every time when we stop people start asking questions what bike it is.I have 26000 km on the clock without any hassles. also with a pillion driver the tigers does its job excellent.I'm about 80 kg and 1,85 m tall my gf 53 kg and 1,70 m tall so we are both not small ,the boxer brings us easily everywhere ,cruising speed from 100 - 110 km/h with both of us on her back isnt a problem .

On the picture the rebuild is very clear to see.And i must say the rebuild was worth it.the lights are superb.My cruise light pojects a spot on cars during daylight from about 10 - 15 m .The indicators give the bike a maturer look. On the 10th September im going back to Belgium for a while . and its time to buy a decent topbox this one is really shit.

post-69913-1251740297_thumb.jpg

happy trails

Charlie

So Mbox where are you piccy's of the new light then.........................

Hi Allan

Bike is currently at factory and they will have some work to do on it since the console has to be worked out(current one won't be right) plus the windscreen- need another one(windscreen) altogether...when i get the bike back i will post the pics....but i got my cortech strap-on tankbag (super-mini) and the Tourmaster Venture Air Pants yesterday, so i am ready :-)

mbox

Hi Thaicbr,

The windscreen can be improved and tiger is working on it. It isnt really to high for me the hight is perfect and i'm not sandbalsted anymore from insects during night rides. Tiger cut this windscreen for me regardless the looks it works perfect.

I'm going to Belgium this month and i gonna look into this matter to cut a screen as i want it.

c u m8

charlie

• 2 months later...

Charlie,

i still love to mount my tiger girl every day and she still attracts other guys at the traffic lights too. I was in Belgium for 2 months on my return 2 clicks on the switch and off she was. amazing engine it always start under any condition.

Even Pariya asked me to show my bike on the upcoming charity bikeshow in Kanchanaburi . If any one can come and see my bike you'll be impressed how everything still looks after 30 k

My own experience

Charlie

i still love to mount my tiger girl every day and she still attracts other guys at the traffic lights too. I was in Belgium for 2 months on my return 2 clicks on the switch and off she was. amazing engine it always start under any condition.

Hey Charlie!

We missed you on today's ride- I hope you are feeling better!

111909RidePetchabun2Sm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guy's I have had my Boxer RS for 3 months now and I love it . I had a few problems with the speedo and the fuel gauge but the Service crew came right to the house and fixed the problems . Oh yeah the service crew was from Bangkok and I live in Chiang Mai . The service is second to none and the technicians new there stuff and had all the correct tools . They even adjusted the chain , clutch and replaced the kick stand . Thanks alot guys . it was really appreciated . Service Service Service . The New Tiger Rule .

Mister Keeperofthereef

post-89021-1259380709_thumb.jpg

Guys - I was in the Tiger showroom to check them out and I can tell you that all of the Boxers are as ugly looking as those ugly brown police bikes. Any unbiased observer can see that Cagiva did a far better job with the original design about 15 years ago - an example of which was in the workshop so I had a chance to compare them side by side. The Cagiva even looks like a newer bike.

As for the motor, I'm sure that's an old Kawasaki design that Cagiva used and I guess it does the job.

Me? - I'll keep looking for a little black Spada or buy another GTO and do some sick things to it.

Bottom line: Who except a Thai cop in his ugly uniform would be completely happy with riding such an ugly bike?

RAW.

I considered getting a Boxer before I bought my D-Tracker (which I love). In my opinion the bike itself isn't bad looking but the factory paint jobs are awful. No offense to posters here, but I don't like the factory custom jobs much more. The colors or tones or something look way cheap & rinky-dink to me. In fact, I think the police bikes are the best-looking out there. Crazy.

I'm still following Tiger's progress, especially as the service reports are so glowing. I gotta say I like what Kawasaki is doing these days, but in the future I might consider a Tiger if they stay on this road.

I considered getting a Boxer before I bought my D-Tracker (which I love). In my opinion the bike itself isn't bad looking but the factory paint jobs are awful. No offense to posters here, but I don't like the factory custom jobs much more. The colors or tones or something look way cheap & rinky-dink to me. In fact, I think the police bikes are the best-looking out there. Crazy.

+1 to that! The de-restricted D-trackers that are being used for motard racing and stunting look like wicked fun. The Tigers seems like decent quality economical touring bikes but I would never want to race or stunt one... :)

You could search the forum, and find very early remarks about me saying the Tiger Boxer 200 already performed better under most daily and casual riding on a daily base. First the Honda CBR150R is a sportbike, which means it depends highly on a high-revving engine to please its user. The low revving Tiger Boxer 200 and even more its bigger brother the Boxer 250 RS, do not depend on a high revving engine, it depends mainly on usable power at levels people really need it.

Comparing the average power range to revving for a Honda CBR150R user the Tiger Boxer 200 will out perform any CBR150R's in daily traffic.. The availability of the Tiger RS 250 makes this statistic only more clear, and users more and more find the Tiger Boxer 250R the smart bike to ride.

Ummh;

I've ridden both bikes (actually I rode the bigger 250cc Boxer) and there's no way it could keep up with a CBR in traffic. Even open road it'd be a decent toss-up. Getting on a road like Mae Sot->Umphang and the CBR would most likely be left behind as the rider looks like a chimpmunk on crack working his gearshift.....

And the power differential isn't as large as you'd think for an extra 100cc...no matter where the power comes on.

Ummh;

I've ridden both bikes (actually I rode the bigger 250cc Boxer) and there's no way it could keep up with a CBR in traffic. Even open road it'd be a decent toss-up. Getting on a road like Mae Sot->Umphang and the CBR would most likely be left behind as the rider looks like a chimpmunk on crack working his gearshift.....

And the power differential isn't as large as you'd think for an extra 100cc...no matter where the power comes on.

Hi Dave

I have ridden both bikes too and what you say is quite far off.I think you are completely biased to the Cbr 150- as you are owning one , although i never seen you driving it anymore.( that said, i own a boxer and had about 10 bigger bikes before).For me a good and valued comparism between bikes have to be side by side in the same day or so....but you had a comparism Tiger Boxer 250 with a Ninja 250 R!!! You gotta really ask yourself if you remember actually the cbr150's performance??

Firstly let me remind you that the boxer you tested was just on a flat road with a few light curves...no town or city traffic - distance you done on the boxer was 60km.Not even a little climb... nothing.We didn't even go at fullspeed at this duration. So how come you wish to evaluate on that?If i don't know, i don't claim that i do ,and make some nice looking story in favor to the bike i own :) !!! Remember when driven in town( ayutthaya) area you where on your Ninja that day. How do i remember? You almost had an accident on it!

Secondly, the Boxer you drive had different sprocket on the rear and the clutch was a bit more difficult to dose but has been rectified later( and i told you about those mods).In town or driving off from stop was not as easiy as someone may wish. Thirdly, the Boxer you drove had a topbox filled with stuff ...i'd say about 10kg as some tools and water was in there and you knew that too.More weight means a little harder work for the bike.

You are dam_n right the hilly area the boxer will ace out the Cbr easily as much as it will ace out the Ninja 250 on umphang hills and that wasn't even on driving at the max...but it should underline how far behind the power delivery in mid/lower rpms actually are....on the ninja and the cbr150( and i am not talking tuned stuff)

I do understand this power delivering issue for an CBR 150 ...but for the 250 Ninja it is rather embarassing :D .

I know we all have different reasons for driving bikes and enjoy different roads....i like curved , hilly roads...thats where the Boxer delivers outstandingly. But the steeper and sharper the curves the better for the boxer really- if you have a climb and a wide curve i am sure the ninja will be able to hold up or may even be faster ( i know the 650 ninja does go faster :D ) Downtown the boxer is great too, narrow and power delivering remember the boxer gives the power already on lower rpms so this is very suitable for city downtown driving, a good reason for the police to have them. I never really liked flat long straights... and thats where the boxer's weakness is , it has 5 gears and the topspeed is about 135km/h but if winds are present a 120km/h is realistic. This where the ninja is better ( it got to be good somewhere right? :D ) and also to mention the CBR150 will mostlikely match the Boxer's speed but may do a little more. To answer wjmark's question , the cbr 150 may do a bit more downhill or on the flat stright road ...due to the cbr's aerodynamics and 6th gear on the cbr 150. The whole scenario will switch when you get into the first climbs...The CBR may also do better on the racetrack than the boxer 250RS, the boxer is an allrounder bike and delivers good in most situation. I think Thaicbr's evalutaion somewhere here was a very accurate one(he drove the boxer from bkk to khon kaen...long enough distance and road variety to make an evaloation i'd say)...he was happy with most of it except the seat, he sat on the 1st generation seat , this has been changed since march/april 2009 and the seat is very good...good enough to do 1000km/day on it :D

You wrote further:"And the power differential isn't as large as you'd think for an extra 100cc...no matter where the power comes on." i have to laugh over this , the boxer is a 250 and aces a 250 ninja in the hilly umphang ....you got to tell me either the ninja is a pisspoor on delivering power or the memories since you driven your cbr are better than reality... :D

One thing i always like when posters here come up with technical detail hp , torque and comprassion ratio ....it is reality that counts not just whats written on a piece of paper...and not to forget, most important part of a bike is the one who drives it.

happy trails,

xobm

the boxer is a 250 and aces a 250 ninja in the hilly umphang ....

With respect, given two riders of equal weight and equal ability there is no way a Boxer 250RS will keep up with a Ninja 250R. The Ninja 250R is a fuel injected twin that cranks out 33 Hp stock and redlines at ~14000RPM. I don't know the horsepower of the single cylinder carburated Boxer 250RS and it doesn't have a tach, so who knows what the redline is, but I'm guessing maybe 8 or 9 thousand RPM and perhaps 20-25 horsepower?

The Tiger Boxer 250RS is an economical small all-arounder with good torque down low but no top end while the Ninja 250R is a small but potent little sport bike that is a dog in lower revs but comes alive in the higher revs. Dave probably weighs about twice what you do xobm which makes a comparison of the two bikes quite difficult. Apples and Oranges really in my humble opinion...

Ride On!

Tony