Samui Airport 2009

Hi, just wanted to know what the cheaper alternatives are when landing at Samui and you need to get to wherever on the ring road, i.e. minivans like they used to years ago at the old airport, I think it was 80 baht to wherever you want to go.

I would not want to take a taxi in Samui under any circumstances whatsoever, second hand burgundy/yellow Toyotas operated by the lowest form of humanity that Asia has to offer.

Edited by Rooo
Removed unwarranted remark.Rooo.

Hi, just wanted to know what the cheaper alternatives are when landing at Samui and you need to get to wherever on the ring road, i.e. minivans like they used to years ago at the old airport, I think it was 80 baht to wherever you want to go.

I would not want to take a taxi in Samui under any circumstances whatsoever, second hand burgundy/yellow Toyotas operated by the lowest form of humanity that Asia has to offer.

There is minibuses going in different direction from the airport. A think the fee is 100 bath to Chaweng and 150 to Lamai. Stay away from taxis.

Thanks for that, no need to worry about me staying away from the taxis.

The taxi drivers in Samui should be culled to protect the reputation of the island.

Samui Limousine Service - Minibuses to be booked at the Arrival hall...100-150 Baht hassle free!

You could check if your hotel will do a pick up from the airport.

Lowest form of humanity for me is between Bangkok tuktuk drivers and the North Korean leadership.

Thanks for that, no need to worry about me staying away from the taxis.

The taxi drivers in Samui should be culled to protect the reputation of the island.

Agreed, i saw 2 of them really harassing a group of what looked like Japanese Tourist Girls at the weekend making them look very uncomfortable in the process...

taxis in samui are their own worst enemy. they don't realised that it is cheaper to rent a bike for 200 baht or 100 baht per day than to go by taxi. i am in bangkok. i got a motor bike taxi for 10 baht to take me about 3 kms. and last night i got in a taxi for about 5 kms for less than 60 baht. problem is that i am tipping more thans i should because i am so shocked with the price difference

if the taxi drivers made their prices normal then they would be alot more bussy or maybe they like to be lazy because they must be already loaded

Edited by BigC

if the taxi drivers made their prices normal then they would be alot more bussy or maybe they like to be lazy because they must be already loaded

i think you hit the nail on the head there. better one 500 baht fare for 10km than 10x 100 baht fares.

Have they got metered taxis yet??? When we left in April this taxi driver was telling us that they had to start using the meter.

If so is it working???

no meter, it seems like a never ending story. they charged me last weekend 200 yo go from chaweng center to KC. ridiculous n crazy.

taxis in samui are their own worst enemy. they don't realised that it is cheaper to rent a bike for 200 baht or 100 baht per day than to go by taxi. i am in bangkok. i got a motor bike taxi for 10 baht to take me about 3 kms. and last night i got in a taxi for about 5 kms for less than 60 baht. problem is that i am tipping more thans i should because i am so shocked with the price difference

which is the most stupid thing one can do, cause in the end it will turn many of the BKK Taxi-drivers into the same scum that can be found on Samui, and try to overcharge Farang.

people like you are whining and complaining about facts they created by themselves with their own stupid behaviour.... PERIOD

now that was harsh..... hmmmmm :)