Nok Air Adds "surat Thani – Bangkok

Surat Thani, Thailand (Syndacast) September 1, 2009 -- Nok Air, the truly Thai airline that flies smiles, dedicated to expanding the flying experience for all travelers, today announced "Surat Thani – Bangkok (Don Mueang)" as it further expands its steadily growing domestic network with promotion price 555 Baht NET per flight.

"We are very excited about adding "Surat Thani – Don Mueang", as the latest domestic network", said Mr. Sehapan Chumsai, Executive Vice President Corporate Communication of Nok Air. "There is definitely a demand for this route and we are here to accommodate. We are pleased to be able to provide further convenient to travelers from Surat Thani to Don Mueang"

"This latest route has brought us even closer to achieving one of our aims, which is to take Thais to see the beauty of their country, to see families and family members that they haven't seen in years, to allow Thais to travel quickly and comfortably, even business purpose and to do all this at prices that are affordable" Sehapan added

“We are very excited about adding "Surat Thani – Don Mueang". There is definitely a demand for this route and we are here to accommodate. We are pleased to be able to provide further convenient to travelers from Surat Thani to Don Mueang”Nok Air will operate 2 daily flights from Bangkok (Don Mueang) to Surat Thani beginning 25 October 2009, using a Boeing 737-400, with capacity up to 168 seats. Reservations for flights can be made now on the Nok Air website, "www.nokair.com", or at Nok Air's Call Center at 1318. Prices start from THB 555 net per flight (all inclusive, Promotion seats are limited in each flight and may not be available in some flights, booking period is during 26 August 2009 – 10 September 2009 and traveling period is during 25 October 2009 – 31 December 2009).

http://www.syndacast.com/press-releases/36...don-mueang.html

Surat Thani, Thailand (Syndacast) September 1, 2009 -- Nok Air, the truly Thai airline that flies smiles, dedicated to expanding the flying experience for all travelers, today announced "Surat Thani – Bangkok (Don Mueang)" as it further expands its steadily growing domestic network with promotion price 555 Baht NET per flight.

"We are very excited about adding "Surat Thani – Don Mueang", as the latest domestic network", said Mr. Sehapan Chumsai, Executive Vice President Corporate Communication of Nok Air. "There is definitely a demand for this route and we are here to accommodate. We are pleased to be able to provide further convenient to travelers from Surat Thani to Don Mueang"

"This latest route has brought us even closer to achieving one of our aims, which is to take Thais to see the beauty of their country, to see families and family members that they haven't seen in years, to allow Thais to travel quickly and comfortably, even business purpose and to do all this at prices that are affordable" Sehapan added

“We are very excited about adding "Surat Thani – Don Mueang". There is definitely a demand for this route and we are here to accommodate. We are pleased to be able to provide further convenient to travelers from Surat Thani to Don Mueang”Nok Air will operate 2 daily flights from Bangkok (Don Mueang) to Surat Thani beginning 25 October 2009, using a Boeing 737-400, with capacity up to 168 seats. Reservations for flights can be made now on the Nok Air website, "www.nokair.com", or at Nok Air's Call Center at 1318. Prices start from THB 555 net per flight (all inclusive, Promotion seats are limited in each flight and may not be available in some flights, booking period is during 26 August 2009 – 10 September 2009 and traveling period is during 25 October 2009 – 31 December 2009).

http://www.syndacast.com/press-releases/36...don-mueang.html

Terrific; so when do Bangkok Airways reduce their fares (Joke)

The pressure is down but still Bangkok Airways are about 5 times mores expensive , with their promotions -

How much is the cost of a transfer from DonMuang to Swampy and how long it takes?

With 2 only flights getting a connections is a BIT EASIER with the hourly flight of BKKair.

Also you cannot compare price launch ticket with normal ticket.....

BUT to catch a trip to Bali leaving at 6am (so hotel close to airport) it will be the cheapest way to BKK....a 2 days flight :)

Edited by kosh

No reason why this is posted on the koh samui forum as we get no benefits from this promotion. nor anything from airasia. Unless you really need to save money than this is for you.

1. Add in mind that you need to add time to get from samui to surat thani 2 hours

2. The extra fares your going to need to pay ( ferry & ride to surat thani

Don't get me wrong though, I've done my own comparsions of air asia vs bangkok airways on price and same time schedule and of course hands down air asia wins with price, I know many people don't like that bangkok airways is expensive but really you only have a few options from samui

1. Go by bus to bangkok

2. Go by train

3. Fly from koh samui or surat thani

most people I know fly bangkok airways simply due to the fact that its a lot less time consuming

No reason why this is posted on the koh samui forum as we get no benefits from this promotion. nor anything from airasia. Unless you really need to save money than this is for you.

1. Add in mind that you need to add time to get from samui to surat thani 2 hours

2. The extra fares your going to need to pay ( ferry & ride to surat thani

Don't get me wrong though, I've done my own comparsions of air asia vs bangkok airways on price and same time schedule and of course hands down air asia wins with price, I know many people don't like that bangkok airways is expensive but really you only have a few options from samui

1. Go by bus to bangkok

2. Go by train

3. Fly from koh samui or surat thani

most people I know fly bangkok airways simply due to the fact that its a lot less time consuming

Completely agreed with you...

That is why I posted (last week) about this new NokAir connection within the Thai Travel Forum.

Talking about myself the only reasons I have to go to the "Islands" are only for business purposes.

So Bangkok Airways is still suiting me the best.

First flight from Bkk in the morning and late evening return.

No need to sleepover...

Terrific; so when do Bangkok Airways reduce their fares (Joke)

I know its a joke but this is not really much competition to Bangkok Airways.

Surat Thani airport is well over 2 hours at least away from Samui, and it needs a ferry.

Early bird flights on bangkok are 2,000 b so you save 1,500 b and an additional 2 hours or more journey on a flight that is an hour. Not many passengers will transfer for this saving.

I was thinking of taking air asia to Bangkok from Surathani.

As we are on holiday we have plenty of time and really just want to safe some money.

From surat to BKK then onto Chiang mai will save me at least 25oo Bath( I think thats what it was anyway)

If we take the ferry to surathani, how long does it take then to go to the airport????

And how do we get there....is it cheaper to book a transfer from Samui??

I was thinking of taking air asia to Bangkok from Surathani.

As we are on holiday we have plenty of time and really just want to safe some money.

From surat to BKK then onto Chiang mai will save me at least 25oo Bath( I think thats what it was anyway)

If we take the ferry to surathani, how long does it take then to go to the airport????

And how do we get there....is it cheaper to book a transfer from Samui??

Easiest is to book the joined ferry-/bus ticket from Panthip Tours(blue/white buses), 300 or 350 Baht. Be aware that they leave from Nathon 4-5 hours before flight departure time!

Edited by longtom