Bangkokphil disses dr pp!

Pinkster

Bangkok Phils take on Thaivisa.com...........

http://www.philipwilliams.freeservers.com/...lysept2003.html

One of the busiest website forums during these particularly trying times for many has been the one on thaivisa.com, a busy website best known for dishing out legal advice on topics such as ‘am I allowed to have three wives?’ and ‘can I obtain permanent Thai citizenship if I know how to say turn left, turn right, and how much is the fare?’

The site is run by several legal experts, who while I freely admit seem to know their stuff, were obviously at the back of the queue when the gift of compassion was given out. Many worried farangs have posted on the site with messages such as ‘help me, I have a passport with more dodgy stamps than the Nigerian post office’ only to get a reply that loosely translates as “leave Thailand now while there’s still hope. Hug your wife and kids for the last time. Don’t look back and just remember the good times”. Or words to that effect. The best part is that ‘worried of Chonburi’ will then reply with “Thanks guys, you’ve certainly put my mind at rest” Am I missing something here?

I swore that I would stop reading the Thaivisa.com forum, but it’s insidious. It’s like a drug. “I’m not going to look at it. I’m not going to look at it. Aaaargh. Twenty five farangs arrested in Pattaya for organizing a late-night dwarves and lady-boy orgy. And you’re there scanning the names to see if it’s anyone you once worked with. Alas, names of dwarves and lady-boys always escape me.

For those who can’t be arsed to log into the website, you can actually subscribe to the newsletter and get the breaking news stuff delivered directly to your inbox each morning. What a fantastic way to start each and every day - a cup of instant coffee, a bowl of cornflakes, and ‘Pattaya baht bus driver beats farang senseless with largish piece of wood’. As if mornings aren’t hard enough to get through as it is.

‘Swedish man pushed from 28th floor by jealous bargirl – Pattaya orders clean-up with extra large mop and bucket’ I apologize to the Swedish man’s family, but apart from you no one really cares.

I reckon Bangkok Phil is Bud!!!!

:o  :D  B)  B)