Sukhumwit Hospital...the Quality Of The Rooms

DonJuanDemarco

my wife is pregnant. this is my first child so i never even thought to think about asking to see the patient rooms from the start. since its a private hospital and the price is not exactly cheap, i think 60k or something, i just assumed the rooms were nice. boy was i wrong. we checked the rooms out today and they would not pass as a one star hotel on khao sarn road. we are talking about the most depressing, ugly, drab, disgusting surroundings imaginable. apparently, you can upgrade for 10k a night to the same terrible room only larger. no extra charge for the 13 inch television from 1982 or the stained couch covered in scratch marks. i have never been inside of a 'meth hotel' but this is how i pictured it.

Edited by DonJuanDemarco

my wife is pregnant. this is my first child so i never even thought to think about asking to see the patient rooms from the start. since its a private hospital and the price is not exactly cheap, i think 60k or something, i just assumed the rooms were nice. boy was i wrong. we checked the rooms out today and they would not pass as a one star hotel on khao sarn road. we are talking about the most depressing, ugly, drab, disgusting surroundings imaginable. apparently, you can upgrade for 10k a night to the same terrible room only larger. no extra charge for the 13 inch television from 1982 or the stained couch covered in scratch marks. i have never been inside of a 'meth hotel' but this is how i pictured it.

I've heard Bangkok Nursing Home is pretty good.

We had ours at Rama 9 hospital. Rate it 8.5 /10 overall. Good nurses, clean rooms, restaurants, banks, 711. 4/3 night package in private room with C section was 49k all in. Would not hesitate go have another one there if and when that happens.

My wife had our son in the sticks. Emergency C section, and my son was a month premature, so he required 24 hours observation in the nursery. Total bill including 5 day private room 18,000 baht. I worked at a major hospital in the States for 9 years and can honestly say that the quality of care is fine here. Hospital staff were very professional and helpful . The room was no "Shangra la", but it was clean and comfortable.

Now back to you OP. Reading through your other drivel, this drivel does not surprise me. Like others have stated, find another hospital. Good Luck though, because you seem like a very difficult chap to please!

Edited by mizzi39