Non Imm B Mult Entry For Work Permit?

i've had a non imm b in the past, as well as a work permit however each ended after leaving my last employer. currently on the last month of a 3 month tourist visa, i have accepted a new position with a new employer and need to make another visa run. this would be easy enough as i have all of the necessary paperwork in hand, however, the 3 month non imm b i received in the past was only a single entry.

is it possible to get a multiple entry 3 month non imm b? is kota baru better for this than penang? what about singapore?

reason i need a multiple entry 3 month is that while i am already employed full time, i will be working for my employer very briefly in singapore just two weeks after my current tourist visa expires. this means that if i go to malaysia right now and get a single entry non imm b, i'm screwed the moment i come back from singapore.

the other option seems to be to just do a border bounce and come back with a two week tourist visa and then apply for my non imm b in singapore?

any thoughts or suggestions?

Apply for the non-b and a re-entry permit. That way you can start your WP process ASAP and still travel to Singapore with your visa intact.

In answer to your question, no there is no multi-entry 3 month non-b

Edited by QED

You will not get a multi-entry Non-B visa in the region without having a work permit. You will also not obtain single-entry Non-B visa without providing the embassy/consulate with sight of Form WP3 (Receipt for application for work permit) provided by the Labour Department. Therefore in terms of process:

1) Your employer needs to present the appropriate application papers to the Labour Department for your work permit to obtain Form WP3

2) Once you have obtained Form WP3 you can apply for your Non-B visa at a neighbouring embassy/consulate (you will need full company paperwork from your employer). KL would be a good choice.

3) Once you have your Non-B visa you have to show this to the Labour Department before they will handover your work permit.

On entry into Thailand you will get 90 day permission to stay. Towards the end of that period you should apply for extension of stay based on employment, assuming you meet the requirements. Requirements being 50k/month salary for westerners (but varies on nationality) and company to provide 2 years audited accounts and tax receipts.

Before leaving for work in Singapore you should obtain a re-entry permit from immigration which will keep your initial 90 day permission to stay alive.

Edited by thaiphoon

thanks guys. i've been through the work permit hoops before so i understand the nightmare, i just never had any concern for my first 3 month non imm b to be a multiple entry.

how much should i expect to pay for this re-entry permit?

re-entry permit 1,000 baht for single entry