New Gpu 5850 & 5870 Anywhere To Get In Thailand?

Beggar

I plan to build a new computer. In USA or Europe I would order all parts within 15 minutes online. Here I end up with great ideas on my side and with "no have" in the shops. So the 15 minutes expand to 15 months I am afraid :-)

Did anybody see the new DX11 GPUs 5850 or 5870 here in Thailand? Cannot find it online or in the stores here in Pattaya. Is there anything in BKK?

Thanni.com are showing them, I added one to my cart logged in and it was asking for payment details, they don't have an explicit 'in stock' label but from memory I think they may have an 'out of stock' so I'm assuming they have them.

Personally I think I'll have to wait a while for a price drop or the pound to get a bit stronger before I order a replacement for my 4850. I upgraded my PSU this year with the intention of overclocking my E6750 which should give me a few more fps from my current setup although I haven't got round to it yet.

Thanks for the information! I looked Thanni but did not check for HIS - never had this company.

Perhaps I will buy a cheap graphic card for about 1000 Baht and wait for more products and better prices. Need a faster computer for my video processing and do not want to wait anymore for this. The 3D world can wait. But still other parts are missing - Thanni is out of stock for them. So I will do the nice ride from Pattaya to BKK next week I am afraid :-((((

Thank you all. Great job!!! I will put here always my shopping list in the future. :)

But I am still looking for a Coolermaster V8 (for the LGA1156 - this is important) and 2 Seagate 750 GB - I don't trust WD - perhaps not justified but I always had Seagate. Then a serial cable for the MBO GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD6 (otherwise my remote control will not work anymore). The rest I can get at Thanni and JIB.

But a question to the graphic cards. Did anybody ever try 2 different graphic cards in one system. They should be independent. The new cards do not have S-Video out anymore for my old TV. And this I need for my video editing (not HD). So perhaps I could use the cheapest card for this and an expensive card for games. Will this work?

Thank you all. Great job!!! I will put here always my shopping list in the future. :)

But I am still looking for a Coolermaster V8 (for the LGA1156 - this is important) and 2 Seagate 750 GB - I don't trust WD - perhaps not justified but I always had Seagate. Then a serial cable for the MBO GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD6 (otherwise my remote control will not work anymore). The rest I can get at Thanni and JIB.

But a question to the graphic cards. Did anybody ever try 2 different graphic cards in one system. They should be independent. The new cards do not have S-Video out anymore for my old TV. And this I need for my video editing (not HD). So perhaps I could use the cheapest card for this and an expensive card for games. Will this work?

yes 2 diff cards will work.

As for the CM V8 heatsink , you could try and find the Thermalright Heatsinks like True Extreme , True Copper , True Black or the latest Megahalems. They cool way better than the CM V8 and around the same price.

And if you are not into overclocking , you dont really need a aftermarket heatsink.

What CPU are you planning to use? I've just read lots of great reviews of the new Core i5 750 as being the best value of the mid range/higher end CPUs right now. It's certainly just added itself to my shopping list for my gaming rig.

post-38660-1254656841_thumb.jpg

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3634

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc...0-633100/review

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=19979&page=12

What CPU are you planning to use? I've just read lots of great reviews of the new Core i5 750 as being the best value of the mid range/higher end CPUs right now. It's certainly just added itself to my shopping list for my gaming rig.

Will buy the I7-860. But without my V8 CPU cooler I get a problem. I am tired of shopping here... :)

Was in Tukom today to buy* a CM V8

Tukcom is mostly something for very modest computers. I am tired of this "no have" there. I don't even ask anymore. They are frustrated that I do not buy what they have and I am frustrated that they do not sell what I am looking for. Just a bad experience.

Tomorrow morning I will be on my way to BKK - with mixed feelings and not so much hope. Without the V8 the whole project is stopped. It will be a completely new computer - every part. I want to be able to test it within the 7 days so that I can return faulty things in case of problems. Sadly my old MBO does not fit for any part so that I could test there. And the other way round I cannot use any old parts from my existing computer to wait for the new ones. The IDE drive, the power cord + the floppy drive will fit - but that's it :) My experience so far tells me - the scrap rate is very high. So I would need a lot of luck if everything works...

Both JediCool and TKComputer have the CM V8 listed on their sites.

Just call or e-mail to confirm stock.

Thank you for checking. I know that they have it - but not for the socket 1156. This socket is not so long on the market and so it is a bit a problem to get the cooler for it. Thanni had it but is out of stock and waiting for it. I will look in Pantip tomorrow. What an endless trip for me from Pattaya - I hate those old busses :)

Both JediCool and TKComputer have the CM V8 listed on their sites.

Just call or e-mail to confirm stock.

Thank you for checking. I know that they have it - but not for the socket 1156. This socket is not so long on the market and so it is a bit a problem to get the cooler for it. Thanni had it but is out of stock and waiting for it. I will look in Pantip tomorrow. What an endless trip for me from Pattaya - I hate those old busses :)

Let me know if you really want it. I can check direct with Coolermaster. Their office is around Ratchada.

any heatsink for the 1366 works with the 1156.

Let me know if you really want it. I can check direct with Coolermaster. Their office is around Ratchada.

Thank you very much for your help!

I am wondering about this statement since Coolermaster made a new bracket for the 1156. Today I went to Pantip and I got the V8 with it for 2230 at HWH. But I am afraid this was the last one. They received it yesterday.

Got everything else too apart from my Seagate 750 GB HD - they seem not to sell it in Thailand. Will end up with WD I am afraid or with 2 Seagate 1 TB (but far too much capacity for me). Do you have any experience with WD drives? I always had Seagate and they are pretty quiet.

One more thing I cannot find here in Thailand is very clean alcohol to clean the top of the CPU. Intel does not protect it at all and so it looks. In Thailand I can only get 70 % alcohol and this with color. Too bad that Leo does not work :)

One more thing I cannot find here in Thailand is very clean alcohol to clean the top of the CPU. Intel does not protect it at all and so it looks. In Thailand I can only get 70 % alcohol and this with color. :)

Go to any hardware store and ask for 100% alcohol. It is cheap.

Thank you very much for your help!

I am wondering about this statement since Coolermaster made a new bracket for the 1156. Today I went to Pantip and I got the V8 with it for 2230 at HWH. But I am afraid this was the last one. They received it yesterday.

Got everything else too apart from my Seagate 750 GB HD - they seem not to sell it in Thailand. Will end up with WD I am afraid or with 2 Seagate 1 TB (but far too much capacity for me). Do you have any experience with WD drives? I always had Seagate and they are pretty quiet.

One more thing I cannot find here in Thailand is very clean alcohol to clean the top of the CPU. Intel does not protect it at all and so it looks. In Thailand I can only get 70 % alcohol and this with color. Too bad that Leo does not work :)

You can also clean off the old thermal compound using nail polish remover , it works just as good.

For the hard drives you can also get the WD 750 Caviar Black. Western Digital drives in Thailand have better customer service and support. Synnex changed my HDD with no questions asked.

You can also clean off the old thermal compound using nail polish remover , it works just as good.

nail polish remover = acetone.

If you do use it, just put a small amount on a piece of tissue and wipe the surface in a circular pattern. After done, don't touch the surface with your fingers due to the oil in them which can create hot spots. Only a small dab, about the size of a large grain of rice, of heat sink compound and spread with a credit card or similar. I use those cheap disposable plastic gloves and smear it with my finger.

Synnex distributes Seagate drives, and they have the 750GB in their pricelist, however they haven't had it in stock for quite some time now, when you ask them they reply: "Out of stock - maybe next month" and that's been going on for some months now. So you are correct in saying they don't seem to sell them in Thailand, but they should :)