Songtheaw Routes

Can anyone explain the route for me please!!!

In april we came from Chong mon Beach going back to the Village.

Around 16.00 I think it was, NO songtheaws were going that way so we ended up walking a long time!!!

Then someone told us that they dont go that way between certain hours of the day.

Its the same coming from Chaweng I think, they only go back to Bophut past Tescos and not up the road going past lake View.

Since we are going back in 9 weeks time I'd figure I better know in advance the routes as I HATE having to deal with Taxis!

As far as i know they have no specific route they go where they please when they please so it really is pot luck if you get 1. Why dont you just hire a moped the roads are not as bad as they used to be and you can also come and go as you please that way and not have to worry about taxis or hitching a lift....

As far as i know they have no specific route they go where they please when they please so it really is pot luck if you get 1. Why dont you just hire a moped the roads are not as bad as they used to be and you can also come and go as you please that way and not have to worry about taxis or hitching a lift....

Thanks for the advice but you'll never see me on a mopet, would rather walk everywhere!!!

Seen too many accidents, friends been killed out there so no thanks!

I might be a good driver, but what about everyone else on the road and the state of the roads in some places.

I would advice all visitors going to Samui NOT to hire scooters, its a deathtrap!!!

Before there was appr. 1 songtheow, the red open air truck, per hour during daytime going from Chaweng to Nathon via Choeng Mon. But now there are 2 songtheows after each other going more frequently on this route until dark.