Dragons Mc Thailand Charity Biker Event. Kanchanaburi 21st/22nd November

thaicbr

Charity event. who's coming, not coming. Thinks it's a stupid idea!  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dragons Mc Thailand Charity Biker Weekend 21st/22nd November

For the Children of Moo Ban Dek "Foundation for Children" Orphanage

One thing what unites all motorcyclists is the need to be free, but from experience we know freedom never comes without a price. Freedom comes with many faces, some call it democracy but the real experts will call it relief from poverty.

For some people Thailand will not look that poor and some will even call it well on its way to profit and riches. But as in all emerging countries in the world, Thailand isn't immune to the differences between the rich and the poor, sometime very poor family's living from one moment to the next have accidents and suffer misfortune resulting in either one or both parents dying.

It's the children who have the misfortune of losing their parents, or come from ultra low income one parent families. They are the ones that so often pay the ultimate price. Starvation, poor living conditions, abuse of all kinds, that's what they have to contend with unless they have some where to go.

This is were an organization like the Moo Ban Dek "Foundation for Children" orphanage can make a huge difference, they provide a loving, caring environment, were the children are safe and can study for their future.

Moo Ban Dek "Foundation for Children" orphanage, relies on donations and receives NO money from the Thai Government.

For these reasons, and because as foreigner's here in the Land of Smiles, we decided we wanted to give something back to Thailand for the warm welcome we received and the continuing warm, smiling nature of the local people.

The Dragons MC Thailand has organized a charity biker's weekend for the weekend of November 21st/22nd 2009 in Kanchanaburi there will be a prize draw, live music, Thai and Foreign food, Beer and drinks, in fact every thing to make this a very enjoyable event for all that attend.

We have many sponsors from large business to normal everyday people like you and me.

The Dragons MC Thailand and the Moo Ban Dek "Foundation for Children" orphanage are very grateful to ALL our sponsors large and small.

This is in co-operation with the Thai Visa Forum and The Nation Newspaper.

We invite all motorcycle riders small and large. If you have a motorbike, big bike, scooter whatever, we hope to see you. In fact even if you haven't got a bike we would like your support, maybe you would like to donate money to this great charity event.

Thai's and Foreigner's alike are working together for the benefit of the children of the Moo Ban Dek orphanage.

The Dragons Mc Thailand are working and riding for the benefit of Thailand and the Thai people.

Please see the Dragons Mc Thailand website Here or below for full details of the Dragons Mc Thailand 1st charity biker's weekend 21st/22nd November 2009.

Dragons Mc Thailand website

HERE

Please book you tickets giving names and how many tickets, by email

ALSO MORE INFO TO COME about a pre-event event, were you can collect your tickets and shoot the breeze with fellow bikers in BKK

Edited by thaicbr

Feel free to give any insight into this event, good or bad.

Because quite frankly the level of apathy from this forum is astounding :D .

Come on guys. WE are giving something back And having FUN doing it :):D .

Some feed back from you, to let us know you are all still alive and its not just your computers that have taken over.

Would be great :D

Lets see some POLL results

87 views and 6 polls and no feedback.....ummm.

This is the Thai Visa / Dragons Mc Thailand charity weekend we are talking about.

But STILL no response from you guys. no feedback. NO ticket sales. Well done one and ALL.

Rant over :D :D :D

Seriously we. As in The Thai Visa/ Dragons Mc organizing team really could do with our fine upstanding members here on TV helping us to get this event on the map.

Thanks don't forget its going to be a great PARTY :):D

Dear Allan,

Please don't let the perceived apathy on this board discourage you. Seems to me the number of posts and traffic on the motorcycle forum has dropped off quite a bit lately, I have my theories as to why but am not allowed to voice them here :)

I still think this will be a great event and I expect a lot of people to show up who have nothing to do with ThaiVisa. After all, you don't have to participate on this forum to support a good cause.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Thanks Tony.

We the team are not discouraged.

We are in fact meeting at Mash Bar, Queens park plaza, Sukhumvit Soi 22

this weekend about 4pm onward for a chat, hand out some flyers and a few drinks.

All interested people are welcome to come and join us.

It just so happens to be Halloween, so should be FUN :)

(Mash Bar is a TV members bar . And the owner Dave has kindly agreed to sell tickets,Promote the event. etc for us)

Directions to Mash Bar from Sukhumvit Road and Rama 4

From Sukhumvit Road

Turn on to Soi 22 and follow it for approx 150 metres.

On the Right hand side you will See a large number of bars ............ MASH bar is located on Soi's 1 and 2 of Queens park plaza.

From Rama 4

Turn on to Soi 22 Follow it for approx 1 km. You will see on the right hand side The Regents Queens Park Hotel.

Your nearly there!!!!!!! just past the Queens Park Hotel on the left you will see a Family Mart, then a Massage Parlour then a small Pharmacy...... Just past the Pharmacy turn left on to Soi 1 of Queens Park Plaza and you will see MASH bar........ You can not miss us we are the biggest bar on the right hand side.

byetumbleweed_head_falls.jpg

That'll teach the tumbleweed! :)

Sorry big guy, no can do on that one.

I've yet to go see Kanchan. but I'm away over touring down south and scooby doo diving with a mate then.

I'll see about putting a link on OTRT for your big day with the Dragons. I think I've got the event listed already but without details.

I'll copy your OP, that way anyone seeing it can contact / liase with you if interested. With any luck it might drum up some traffic for ticket sales etc.

Hope you have a good one mate.

Edited by JimsKnight

Thanks Tony.

this weekend about 4pm onward for a chat, hand out some flyers and a few drinks.

That sounds like fun- I may swing by with my son after the Halloween party we're going to a little earlier in the day. Hope to see you there! T

Thanks Tony.

(Mash Bar is a TV members bar . And the owner Dave has kindly agreed to sell tickets,Promote the event. etc for us)

saorsa.. That was it mate. Feed back... hope to see ya at the event :D

Ok. So here's a list of who's coming to the above to chill out and chat so far. Feel free to post if ya coming.

Thaicbr

classic-cigar

BigbikeBKK

Vinylman

The more the merrier, You can ask questions, Donate money, buy a ticket or simple have a beer and shoot the breeze. Allan

Edited by thaicbr

It is likely I will drop by, I'm that evening in the neighbourhood.

Anyway, I love your promotional introduction text, it is really get to the point of why we need to have charity events. I also love the idea that most motorcycle forums and media's are spreading the word...

The benefit biker event gets now the international search attention it needs, a search at Google for "Biker weekend Thailand" gets results...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Allan, did you create a motorcycle gang? Like to rival the Hells Angels? Cool. :)

I would go but I'm in the States right now. Mebbe will hit you guys up when I get back to where I wish I was. Is there an initiation? Like do I gotta whack someone before I can get my patch?

Sub. Na. I haven't set up a motorcycle gang.

I am helping a friend with this Great charity event and party :) .

He did set up a good motorcycle club called the Dragons Mc Thailand and they are organizing the Dragons Mc/Thaivisa charity bike weekend.

All you have to do Sub is follow the link to the website and make a donation to help the kids at Moo ban dek :D

See no excuses for being in the States right now :D

Not sure where you guys will be starting from. Anyone who wants to stay the night before can do so at the nearby 13 coins hotel at half the internet farang price. My wife called and was quoted 700 Baht with breakfast. It's $ 44 on the web. http://allresortthailand.com/nonthaburi/13...anon/index.html

We got a great restaurant with meals starting at 30 Baht.

Then there is the Sizzler nearby, at Future Park Rangsit.

Fancy a massage and a swim after a long day in the saddle?

150 / 180 Baht for an hour plus 100 for gym & pool.

Chris

www.pgp.co.th

post-7704-1256874563_thumb.jpg

post-7704-1256874623_thumb.jpg

post-7704-1256874650_thumb.jpg

Not sure where you guys will be starting from. Anyone who wants to stay the night before can do so at the nearby 13 coins hotel at half the internet farang price. My wife called and was quoted 700 Baht with breakfast. It's $ 44 on the web. http://allresortthailand.com/nonthaburi/13...anon/index.html

We got a great restaurant with meals starting at 30 Baht.

Then there is the Sizzler nearby, at Future Park Rangsit.

Fancy a massage and a swim after a long day in the saddle?

150 / 180 Baht for an hour plus 100 for gym & pool.

Chris

www.pgp.co.th

Good stuff for taking the time to search for a hotel... I will have to update my site regarding accommodations as the property is fully booked now.. Following up on some other smaller places to stay nearby as well.. If anyone has suggestions on locations please PM me.. Don't forget to check the TV hotels / resorts accommodations for possible bookings as well...

PS: Sometimes the properties in question don't revise their web rates or extranet rates (3rd party websites..) common mistake...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Chris asked if I could pass this update to everyone (his computer is having some problems at the moment).

The meeting point has been changed for the ride to Kanchanaburi, it is no longer at Future Park Rangsit. It is now down the road at the first major P.T.T. gas/petrol station on the left, heading in the direction of Kanchanaburi on Route 324.

The departure time is the same 10:45 am

http://www.dragonsmcthailand.com/main

Please check this site and let me know if this is where we will be meeting for the group ride. I realize that the site has moved a little from Starbucks to a close by gas station. If the link is correct for Starbucks then I can find the way to the gas station. I hate to miss the ride because I am lost

http://www.cosmotourist.com/travel-tip/314...it/future-park/

Thanks

Mark

ok everyone..got it! The updated google map is here (plesae disregard the link name)..

http://dragonsmcthailand.com/FutureParkRid...nchanaburi.html

You can also see it through our site, go to "Benefit Info"..Continue from there to "Rangsit - Kanch Ride"

Contact me if you have any other questions... Should be a nice ride out and back...

I am starting another thread regarding those riders who are coming from Bangkok - and surrounding area, who want to ride out to meet us at the PTT Station Rangsit..

Chris