Music Styles

O.K. So what music do you like?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"House (all genres), Trance,  Techno,   Tech House,  Drum'n'Bass,  Rave,  Hip Hop, Garage"

Is there a difference between these styles? :o

Just ask any Dj that plays in the club. SOme get mighty upset when peeps can't tell the difference. LOL Heard peeps say its all techno. Hmm, been running clubs for 10 years you get to hear and see alot. Nowadays there are peeps who are diehard for one style or another. Again each to his own. I have had D'n'B nights, rave nights and progressive nights. Each has its own crowd. WHen I owned my hotel it was live jazz on Friday night and Pop music on Sat night.

I suppose I really shud of put an all of the above and a not mentioned section.

I prefer jazz and progressive rock. Love Frank Zappa! :D

Catholic girls scream when they cum....

Titties and beer

Ah. Old Frank. A legend that man.

I agree about Zappa. Also some great 70s funk never goes a stray.

Seattle Indy Music Scene came alive - one thing if you don't like their music, but far from rubbish.

Nirvana spawned - Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, Sound Garden and whole slew of other bands.

They were an influence BUT not the start of grunge. They just turned it into pop music. IMHO very hard to say who really started it. SOme would go as far as saying. "It's all because of Elvis or the beatles. Perhaps a tad too generalised but then again saying they were responsible for that genre is. Its stil Rock.

You know your grunge fairly well I must say. Brit.

Peace

N

Edited by carlthailand

Seattle Indy Music Scene came alive - one thing if you don't like their music, but far from rubbish.

Nirvana spawned - Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, Sound Garden and whole slew of other bands.

Exactly right :D

Blimey Brit your arguing with some "fellow Dj's" :D , They know all there is to know about music. :D:o

Blimey Brit your arguing with some "fellow Dj's" :D , They know all there is to know about music. :D:o

:D Not everything. But I do research. :D:D

And before I get flamed.

YES, I should of done more on this music poll to start with. I acknowledge I missed quiet a few but I couldn't edit the poll. :D

Edited by carlthailand

Well I'm a music afficiando - love all sorts. :D

And the "Red Hot Chilliepeppers".

Didn't really get into their music all that much but they hung in there for quite a while. Believe they're still touring...

Grunge gave way to Rap and music ain't been the same since. That's why all I listen to anymore is Issan tear-jerker...

No Punk or Luuk tung

:o

Punk? :D

Barry Manilow to Iron Maiden, Neil Diamond to Metallica, Bee Gees to Bon Jovi!

But, but, but, we all know Neil Diamond can't sing...

...But I can't stand some Rap crap, Rasta stuff and cheesy boy/girl bands and eurotrashy dance stuff.

:D

:D:D:D

There is definitely not enough metal in Thailand....

Yeah, I hear even the tin mines are now used as water reservoirs :D

Being a teenager during the sixties, I love everything from Del Shannon to the Beatles to the Floyd and Velvet Underground. But never could get into Glam Rock, Punk, Raggae or Rap. :D

There is definitely not enough metal in Thailand. Black Sabbath (greatest band ever, at least when Ozzy is singing), Judas Priest, Pantera, Godsmack, early Metallica and early Megadeth, etc.

I couldn't agree more. Instead we have to listen to 'music' that sounds like a Dalek trapped in a biscuit tin being rolled down a steep cliff.

Edited by ProfessorFart

There is definitely not enough metal in Thailand. Black Sabbath (greatest band ever, at least when Ozzy is singing), Judas Priest, Pantera, Godsmack, early Metallica and early Megadeth, etc.

I couldn't agree more. Instead we have to listen to 'music' that sounds like a Dalek trapped in a biscuit tin being rolled down a steep cliff.

RIGHT!!!!!

Instead of listening to Modern progressive music. You want to or probably already have blown out your ear drums listening to Satans music. :o

No wonder you have uncontrolable bowel syndrome. :D

I think Indie (for being on an independant label...although Kylie use to show in the Indie charts as well). Alternative is probably better. Mudhoney, Sonic Youth etc. were around a fair bit before Nirvana.

I've DJed the odd Indie night. Don't mind a bit of dance, but like to be able to sing along to songs! :o I like intelligent drum and bass and stuff with a good hip hoppy break beat!