Health Or Travel Or Both?

littleblue

I have posted previously on the Visa forum and had helpful responses about requirements for the purpose of ordinaining as a monk in Thailand. I understand that when ordained there should not be any difficulties re possible insurance related incidents. However I will be arriving in Thailand 1st December 2009, and staying at a wat until end of February when I will be ordained. For the period up to then - to cover basics, should I be looking at travel insurance or health insurance , or both ? I will be 60 next May, I have never had any travel or health insurance before. I am currently in UK, and UK citizen - I do not have any health problems. I will be staying in Thailand indefinitely as a monk. I should only need insurance for 3 months. Does anyone have any suggestion ? The sites I have seen, including Thaivisa seem to have long term policies, and I am not sure if I would be classified as a traveller or a resident for insurance purposes. Also I have very limited finances!

Thanks

I have posted previously on the Visa forum and had helpful responses about requirements for the purpose of ordinaining as a monk in Thailand. I understand that when ordained there should not be any difficulties re possible insurance related incidents. However I will be arriving in Thailand 1st December 2009, and staying at a wat until end of February when I will be ordained. For the period up to then - to cover basics, should I be looking at travel insurance or health insurance , or both ? I will be 60 next May, I have never had any travel or health insurance before. I am currently in UK, and UK citizen - I do not have any health problems. I will be staying in Thailand indefinitely as a monk. I should only need insurance for 3 months. Does anyone have any suggestion ? The sites I have seen, including Thaivisa seem to have long term policies, and I am not sure if I would be classified as a traveller or a resident for insurance purposes. Also I have very limited finances!

Thanks

Travel insurance is easily obtainable and not expensive. We shall pm you the list and premiums of the various companies.

Thai Visa Insurance

Thanks

Travel insurance is easily obtainable and not expensive. We shall pm you the list and premiums of the various companies.

Thai Visa Insurance

Since you are planning to stay in Thailand indefinitely, there is no reason to purchase travel insurance.

You can purchase health insurance now and have the coverage start when you arrive here. But you need to provide an address in Thailand.