Motorbike - Monthly Pament On Thai, Registered On Me?

atelko

I want to by a new or second hand motorbike from a dealer in my area.

i want to make monthly payments with probably a downpayment. my question here is now if there is a way to get the payment plan on my name.

i read that there could be a way, but just if the dealer is willing to do it. mostly they dont care and just want a thai to sign.

if there is really no chance or if it is not easy i would like to know if a friend, who is thai, can make the payment plan with the dealer, but the motorbike is registered on me/my name.

i want to be safe that after half of the payment or when the payment is done, that the thai takes the motorbike from me and i have no possibility to get it back, because the motorbike is not registered on me and the payment plan was on his/her name also.

I have a non immigrant o-visa.

best regards

You can get it your name if you can get a thai guarantor

I bought my last bike with the trade of my old bike, (deposit) plus monthly payments for the balance. No Thai Gaurantor.

I could have paid cash but I enjoyed the game of negotiation. I walked away when they wouldnt agree with my terms. (Interest free) Next day had a phone call to say ok they would do for me.

Thet tried then telling me that I needed to pay VAT on the monthly payments....I thought it was a way to get the interest money but no..they genuinely thought I needed to pay VAT on the monthly payments!! Thats after paying the VAT included in the total sales price. I refused and finaly they saw the error of their ways. I wonder how many others pay the VAT on their payments?

You can get it your name if you can get a thai guarantor

I bought my last bike with the trade of my old bike, (deposit) plus monthly payments for the balance. No Thai Gaurantor.

I could have paid cash but I enjoyed the game of negotiation. I walked away when they wouldnt agree with my terms. (Interest free) Next day had a phone call to say ok they would do for me.

Thet tried then telling me that I needed to pay VAT on the monthly payments....I thought it was a way to get the interest money but no..they genuinely thought I needed to pay VAT on the monthly payments!! Thats after paying the VAT included in the total sales price. I refused and finaly they saw the error of their ways. I wonder how many others pay the VAT on their payments?

where did you get that deal from?

I am located in pattaya. here are a lot of dealers, but most of them are looking for a rip off and due to the high ammount of potential customers they dont care about those special agreements easily. or should i better go to an official dealer or a branch of honda or yamaha?

thanks for your help, guys

I am located in pattaya. here are a lot of dealers, but most of them are looking for a rip off and due to the high ammount of potential customers they dont care about those special agreements easily. or should i better go to an official dealer or a branch of honda or yamaha?

Yes I am in Pattaya too, and would agree that it would be very difficult to get that deal, and if you were getting a new bike with no old bike as deposit, you would have to get a Thai guarantor.

Yes I am in Pattaya too, and would agree that it would be very difficult to get that deal, and if you were getting a new bike with no old bike as deposit, you would have to get a Thai guarantor.

I am in Rayong (so not so far away) and bought at the main Honda dealer here. PM me if you want full details.

I think? the deal would be available to other Farangs now, but Im pretty sure if I introduced a client they would be sure of that deal. I am now on first name terms and get on very well with them. (I say that sincerely in the means to helping someone....(I dont get a cut or any other renumeration/kickback etc) But I guess it would help in my standings there sure.

So far I couldnt fault their service. I get oil changes etc about every 3 weeks so Im a regular client. (I do a high milage)

I am in Rayong (so not so far away) and bought at the main Honda dealer here. PM me if you want full details.

I think? the deal would be available to other Farangs now, but Im pretty sure if I introduced a client they would be sure of that deal. I am now on first name terms and get on very well with them. (I say that sincerely in the means to helping someone....(I dont get a cut or any other renumeration/kickback etc) But I guess it would help in my standings there sure.

So far I couldnt fault their service. I get oil changes etc about every 3 weeks so Im a regular client. (I do a high milage)

thanks, any help would be great.

do you think that offer affects also scooter deals?