Thai And Uk Passports

My daughter has both a Thai and UK passport. We plan to take her to Thailand soon for a couple of months and I'm wondering which passport to use when we a. depart LHR and b. arrive BKK. I was thinking it makes sense to use the Thai one for check in and arrival but what about for the return journey? Should we depart BKK on the Thai one and arrive LHR on the UK one. Anyone in a similar position who can offer their advice? Cheers

We have a similar situation, only with Australia... For several years now the Australian passport has been used for departure and arrival in Australia and the Thai for arrival and departure into Thailand. Never had a problem. Most countiries acknowledge that this is a done procedure... The first time that it was done on the advice of the Thai Consul-General in Sydney.

Best to exit/re-enter UK using UK passport and enter/exit Thailand on Thai passport, avoiding need for her to obtain visa to enter Thailand if using UK passport. She must exit Thailand using the same passport that contains permission to stay stamp obtained on entry. As said, is a routine process.

If it's the first time that your daughter has used her Thai passport to enter Thailand then she might encounter a problem when trying to enter Thailand on her Thai passport due to the fact she has no stamps in said passport, just to let you know so you can be prepared and demand to see a supervisor if you are refused entry on said Thai passport.

Brigante7.

I have two dauhgters both with Thai and UK passports and it is a routine, have been asked to produced both passports once during transit through Abu Dhabi on the way to the UK, but its no problem.

Leave the UK with the UK passport, enter Thailand Immigration with the Thai Passport.

When you leave Thailand she will then carry a TM6 in her Thai passport.

As Brigante7 says , may be a small discussion coming through Thai immigration. The second girl was born in Singapore , so I produced her Thai birth cert that was issued in Singapore and entered no problem.

Leave Thailand on the Thai one and enter on the UK one. Airline check in on the way back to the UK will ask to see her UK passport.

Have a good trip!