Books

cdmtdm

In a bookshop, tough luck I think. I have a small book for learning Burmese which is called "practical Myanmar", not so difficult to find, bought it in Phuket on two occasions, but it might be the only thing regular bookshops sometimes have. Yes and it is English to Burmese, and not the other way around what you are looking for.

There are foundations that are helping Burmese migrant labourers, they might be able to assist you.

Another thing: some of the Burmese migrant labourers are highly educated and speak English fluently, like the guy who worked at the gas station here in Khao Lak for a while, he is a university graduate. And recently at Supercheap I unsuccessfully tried to communicate in Thai with this Burmese employee, till I found out his English was about as good as mine. Somebody like that could maybe als give you a good tip, like suggesting a Rangoon bookstore that could send you the stuff you need.

Good luck with your project,

Kees.

Edited by keestha

if any exist . . . suggest Sengho in Phuket Town as first option, second try The Books also PT - Sengho have I think best range of language books on the island; the place in Central Festival would be 3rd in my ratings.

Sengho likely the most willing to order from elsewhere if you can provide title/author/isbn from doing a Google search; I've found them helpful in the past.

Good luck, and good on you for making the effort.

if any exist . . . suggest Sengho in Phuket Town as first option, second try The Books also PT - Sengho have I think best range of language books on the island; the place in Central Festival would be 3rd in my ratings.

Sengho likely the most willing to order from elsewhere if you can provide title/author/isbn from doing a Google search; I've found them helpful in the past.

Good luck, and good on you for making the effort.

Thanks for the info you guys , will try and find them this week , i feel like i should do something to help the situation ,if i can help a few workers learn another language over the next year or so then it will be worth it , the situation in Myanmar will not stay like this forever one day these people will be able to return home and live a safe and peaceful life ...... i come from a farming background and have worked what i thought to be very hard , when i watched these men and women(some only 15 &16 ) work it does not compare , i am amazed to see them day in day out working physically hard they are incredible !!! anyway if anyone else has the opportunity , please help they need it believe me .....