Cost Of New Toyota Vios From Phuket Town?

hackerthai

Hi

Any ideas how much a basic Toyota Vios brand new from Pearl of Toyota in Phuket would cost if you were to go in tommarow or Jan 2010?

Just a basic car with air con and a cd player. Cash, no financing.

I ask as I saw for sale a used 4-year old VIOS for 360,000 and someone told me it would not be much more to get a new one. Then I would know how it was treated.

I tried to call Toyota in Phuket town and tried 3 phone numbers but none worked.

Thank you for any input,

The current price for basic manual vios is 584,000... with autotransmission is I think 610...

Actually the base one starts at 504K & for anyone considering a 4yo one at 360k, they would have to think again....especially considering a 100km/3 year factory warranty

Thank you for the link to the website:

I went to the Toyota site and found the base model for 504,000 Baht, it includes 7% VAT and an air conditioner BUT what else?

I can't find what it comes standard with?

I have never bought a new car, but if I have cash can i bargain? If so how much at the dealer is normal?

This seems like a better deal verses paying 350,000 for a 4-year old Vios with 70,000 km and no warenty.

Thank you for your help it is appreciated!

Thank you for the link to the website:

I went to the Toyota site and found the base model for 504,000 Baht, it includes 7% VAT and an air conditioner BUT what else?

I can't find what it comes standard with?

I have never bought a new car, but if I have cash can i bargain? If so how much at the dealer is normal?

This seems like a better deal verses paying 350,000 for a 4-year old Vios with 70,000 km and no warenty.

Thank you for your help it is appreciated!

From my experiences it doesn't matter if you have the cash doesn't necessarily mean they'll give a discount, best thing you might come out with are some free add ons. Also, if you want to see what comes standard, just go pay a visit to the dealer and have a look inside,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, doesn't cost anything to look.

Here in Thailand the dealer doesnt like the guy with cash, whos gonna pay up front and all that, he wants to get paid by the credit companies for assisting in the sale of credit.

What you will find for yourself, isnt a better price but you should negotiate over the accessories, make sure you get headlight/bonnet protectors, floor mats, window tinting and all those flashy little things for free.

504 buys you the based poverty pack car, but your most like much better off with it than the second hand one anyway.

Good luck and let us know how you go. Remember to visit a couple of Toyota dealers if you cant get the deal your after, shop around & you will be surprised what you end up with.

The other day at Tesco Toyota were shwocasing an interesting finance option that could be worth checking out i.e. pay a fairly small deposit with reasonable monthly payments over 47 months after which you pay the balance by cash or refinance the outstanding amount. For the top of the line Vios it worked out to be an extra 20,000 over the cash price if you paid the balance in cash after 47 months.