Gianni De Burchio

anonymouse

The Missus and I tried this Italian Restaurant last night, I don't usually visit a place based on the reviews in the CM mail but the mention of a litre of house red for 350 baht swayed the balance :)

Arrived around 6.30 to an empty restaurant so was a bit aprehensive but it soon filled up to 17 customers by the time we left, which isn't bad for a Tuesday night.

The wife and I shared an antipasti assortment that included; imported ham and cold meats, cheese, bread sticks, black & green olives, red and black caviar on toast, black truffle omelette and a variety of other apettizers. This was served in 3 courses, we followed up with a 12" sea food pizza with extra anchovy and black truffle, washed down with the previously mentioned litre of house red and a bottle of water.

We couldn't finish the pizza thought it was very good, the appetizers were top notch and the wine very easy to the palate.

Total price was just over 1,000 for the two of us.

The only complaints I would have was that the menu is so huge that you get lost in it, well over 100 dishes.

The location though handy for me isn't the greatest for ambience, it's in the Sompetch Gold Place which is the little plaza opposite Sompet Market down from Spicy, it is next to an opticians. Full address is 70/11 Chaiyaphum Rd, they have an interesting Christmas and Christmas eve dinner at 750 a head if anyone wants a change from the usual Turkey.

I'd also like to point out I tried this place out with an open mind and don't know the owner or have any other reasons for reviewing this place just that I thought it was very very good and will be my Italian restaurant of choice in the future.

They have a nice buffet as well.. on Wednesday night with 150 baht all you can eat pizza.. and or full Italian buffet for 250 baht and its very good and like you said with the reasonable wine prices .. not a bad evening at all... They import their own flower and cheese.

Edited by swain