I Know Truly Understand Thaivisa's Users On 3g And Internet Speed

livinthailandos

I just happened to come back from a trip from singapore this week and I was really impressed not only by the speed on my mobile phone and more or less my internet connection in the hotel. I did forget though to do a speed test on my mobile phone. I did however do one running my mac from speedtest.net

Download Speed 25 Mbps ( Actually download Speed was running between 3 -4 Mbps )

I never truly knew how to appreciate this kind of speed till I was looking at videos on tube and saw them loading incredible fast, not only that just to truly see how good this was I downloaded ubuntu mind you this is a 700 MB file. It was done downloading in under 4 minutes. Mind you this was at my hotel to.

Then came back to thailand and had to face my internet reality though. both on mobile phone and internet at home. But even though 3G may or may not get here or fiber optics to my home at least I'm not stuck having to use dial up internet

Even 3G in Laos is faster then the average ADSL connection in Thailand. I had my notebook with me and needed to connect to the Internet, I used one of these new SIMS with 3G promotion available in Laos. When I connected I totally forgot that I was running a download client for a torrent. It was amazingly fast.

I can remember the days that we bought AIS-GSM credit in Thailand to keep connected to the Thai GSM network, now it is visa-versa, if you are near the border you maybe better off getting a Laos GSM/3G connection

Edited by Mr.Poko

Why upgrade to 3G when we have the 2G market sewn up already? If we did that we might have to buy more bandwidth, that's got to be a bad idea. And the endless merry-go-round of gratuities for considering procurement contracts that go nowhere would have to end. Can't have that. It's tradition.