Local Transportation In Hua Hin

bubba1

Is there a baht bus network in Hua Hin?

i have had enough of Pattaya but don't want to drive a motorcycle in HH

Yes, there is. It may not be as extensive as the one in Pattaya though. It mainly runs from the south end of Khao Takiab (town just south and adjacent to Hua Hin) up the main (Phetkasem) road to the Chat Chai market in the center of town and back. There are others that run to the north end of Hua Hin less frequently and I'm not sure how to tell which ones do that.

They are bright (lime) green pickup trucks with a yellow stripe that have seats in the back, a cover for sun shade, and steps attached to the rear with grab bars. They pass about every 20 minutes between Takiab and the center of town and you just wave them down, hop on, and ride as far as you want. When you want to get off you push a button that rings a buzzer in the cab and the driver will pull over and you go to him and pay.

I have my own car now so I haven't used them in a couple of years. When I came they were 7 baht for as far as you wanted to ride. Last I heard they were 10 baht but that was a few months ago so they could be 11 or 12 now.

They are still 10 baht.

But if you want to go from the North to the South you will need to change around the nightmarket. They drive at least as frequently to the North end of town, and they look exactly the same, green with yellow stripe. Sometimes you can be lucky that the driver decides to take a "double trip" so you can go all the way from North to South on the same pick-up.

Not from Tesco Lotus (which is the biggest supermarket) but you can put the stuff in a Tuk Tuk and go anywhere in Hua Hin for around 200 baht.

I've seen a small van from some new place with green vegetables painted on it, but I don't think it's a supermarket, looks like it's only vegetables. Called something along the lines of "Hua Hin Fresh".

Hi Bubba 1,

There is a local bus service that runs as previous posters have said from HH to Cha Am and the one running south will take you as far as Pranburi. It runs about every 30 mins, but I think that it stops running after 2000. The wife (who doesn't drive ) uses the bus to get into town if I am not around to take her and the bus drivers will stop to pick you up and drop you off virtually wherever you like. I think the cost is something like 15 Baht from where we live some 12 kms south from the centre of HH.

The local taxi that we use cost 250B each way if you need it.