Which Laptop To Get?

Born2lag

heya,

Im a student looking a for a decent laptop with good battery life and a fast processor and good graphics.Budget is between 29000-35000 baht

I found these two Asus laptops but dont' know which one to choose from. If you guys can find a better laptop please post it

1. www.notebookspec.com/notebook/2536-ASUS-UL80VT-WX002V.html (suppose to have a 12 hr battery life with word processing)

2. www.notebookfocus.com/spec_notebook/Asus_F81Se-VX101C.asp (3-4 hrs)

I dunno which one to choose ,because one of them has the power and another has the good battery life and portabilty.

THanks

Just did the work and research on everything available and purchased an HP mini. The Asus is a poor substitute on either count of processor speed, battery life, and reliability for sure. Check CNET fro reviews and opinions of experts. Just no comparison on quality. The other big seller in that range is equally a piece of crap, the much oversold, unreliable and Chinese produced ACER. Bought one and trashed one of those pieces of garbage already. One year, bad battery, bad connector, bad converter, bad dvd drive. You nsme it, it wass all bad. The Asus, quite simply , is like a plastic toy. On battery life, they all lie. My 6cell delivers near advertised at 5.5 hours on normal usage. You pay your money and take your choice. I am on my third one and hope it outperforms the previous ones and stays in one piece.

^ agree re comment on battery life; and i'd been told similar on Asus and Acer.

I have a 18mth old Dell Inspiron, 3 - 3.5hrs max from battery. But otherwise no complaints - first notebook/laptop i've owned and had worries re durability, as a student it's been in many a backpack cycle ride, couple of overseas trips etc never let me down though is heavy compared to some of the latest models. Can't comment on the technical aspects for me I just wanted reliability, internet and word-processor no big graphocs requirements.

My friends have acers in school and they all complained about the battery life. The first few months are good but after that the battery life seems to go down hill. As for HP i heard it has overheating problems. I was thinking of getting Lenovo since it took over IBM but i was wondering are their products better then HP or worse?

MacBook. I think the model nikster is mentioning at 37k could be the Pro, so if you back up a little to the basic MB, which would fulfill your requirements, you'll get under that price.

Lots have come over from the dark side, and none that I've known have ever regretted it.

Now i might get the macbook. But will it be outdated in a matter of months? Cause Intel has released their new processes i7,i5 ,i3 and i was wondering should i just get a cheap laptop and wait till i see i7 and i5 cores in laptops..

Have had three Thinkpads over the last 3 years (because my company replaced them after 3 years) they have been bashed about around the world and never once given up. They are super light for a full keyboard machine. If you are a traveller I would personally buy no other. But I don't know whether they can be fast enough for your graphics needs. Mine is business and non-game personal use

Now i might get the macbook. But will it be outdated in a matter of months? Cause Intel has released their new processes i7,i5 ,i3 and i was wondering should i just get a cheap laptop and wait till i see i7 and i5 cores in laptops..

A MacBook always outlasts Windows laptops.

Doesn't matter what you buy, it'll be outdated in a matter of months. That's the nature of electronics.

However, will it do the job you want it to do? If so, doesn't matter if something new comes along, as it always will, no matter what brand or system you buy.

My iMac and MB are both a couple or more years old. Are there updates available at a price? Sure. Do they do everything I want done, and more. Yes. So I'm not worrying about whether they're out of date.

Get what's going to do the job you want done, and don't worry about next year. :)