Uk Tourist Visa - Immigration History

I applied for a visa to the UK for my Thai boyfriend back in 2007, it was refused but we finally won the appeal in April 2008. In May 2008 I moved to Thailand to join him and have been here ever since.

Now I would like to try and apply for a tourist visa for him to visit UK. For the experts out there- I am wondering what documentation from the previous application and appeals I should submit with this new application to make a strong case?

The only thing is, I realise that I don't have all the evidence from the appeal (the lawyers and appeal body in the UK had this which I have just found out they destroyed as they don't keep things for more than 2yrs). They only have copies of the final appeal decision.

Does it matter that I only have copies of this appeal decision, (not the evidence for the appeal) to show them?

Would the UK embassy in Thailand/Home office have a full history of this anyways?

Thanks

You don't have to fight your last case over again, so I wouldn't worry about hitting them with stuff from 2-3 years ago. It's your circumstances now which are important. I guess it must have been more than a visit visa last time if he had a right of appeal?

Anyway, he's a previous visa holder who presumably left the UK without infringing any of the Rules, and you've been an item for a respectable period, so he ought to have an easier ride this time.

They should have a copy of the appeal determination.

Thanks for the helpful response, makes sense. Actually although he had won the appeal (student visa) before, he never actually ended up going to the UK as the appeal process took so long (1yr) it was time for me to come back to Thailand, and we set up a tour business which is what we are doing now. The business is relatively new (1.5yrs) so we're just about breaking even.

Any thoughts on these circumstances?

Cheers,

You don't have to fight your last case over again, so I wouldn't worry about hitting them with stuff from 2-3 years ago. It's your circumstances now which are important. I guess it must have been more than a visit visa last time if he had a right of appeal?

Anyway, he's a previous visa holder who presumably left the UK without infringing any of the Rules, and you've been an item for a respectable period, so he ought to have an easier ride this time.

They should have a copy of the appeal determination.

Actually although he had won the appeal (student visa) before, he never actually ended up going to the UK as the appeal process took so long (1yr) it was time for me to come back to Thailand......

Which sounds like the student visa was merely a ploy to get him to the UK to be with you rather than a genuine desire to study!

This may raise some questions, so I would explain in the covering letter why he did not use the visa and attend the course. A course which was so important to him that he went through a lengthy appeal process in order to come to the UK to do so.