100 Wave Tune-ups

bunta71

My friend has a 100 Wave and it seems a little hard starting. I had one a few years back that started first kick every time and could even "kick start " it by hand and it ran like a sewing machine.The question is this....What would the tune-up needs be? I told her I would take it and have it tuned up for her and will take it to one of the 84.6 million Honda fix-it shops here in the Land of the Fake Smiles.Since I'm not famiar with the mechanics of this engine I am curious about what a good tune-up would entail. Obviously a new plug but does this model have points?electronic ignition? who knows? Thanks in advance :):D

1. Spark plug

2. Fuel filter

3. Battery

4. Change oil

5. There is an adjustment setting on the bottom right of the engine. Honda has a handheld reader and they turn an adjustment screw to set this. Maybe the idle or RPM.

Take it to the main dealer. Big bright shop, with bike lifts etc.

Ask them to do a complete service including as Noi said change the plug, the oil, the fuel filter.

Have then check the HT cable coming from the coil.

Get them to clean out the carburettor.

Check the brakes

There are no points as it is electronic.

The battery plays no part in the running of the engine but a new one would be a nice gesture then your friend can start with the "button". How are the tires? Rainy season is coming.

Lubricate the cables.

If the bike is older you could ask then to check the oil "filter" which is a simple mesh screen under the clutch cower. But they may tell you not to bother as it only stop foreign matter and is unlikely to get clogged. Also if older the timing chain will need to be adjusted. Even though it is has an auto tensioner.

Despite the opinion some may have of Thai mechanics, the ones at the main dealer will have been trained and they will know what they are doing. Likely hood is they will do all the above anyway.

Don't forget all the lights.

Don't think it will work at the main dealer but I usually ask to have it cleaned well because I want to sell it.

When collecting the bike. Start it by kicking not with the new battery. :)