1st Class Car Insurance

Valentine

I have a quotation from a company called Assets Insurance for 1st class insurance on my pickup. The price is quite reasonable & the terms & conditions look pretty similar to what I have had in the past. However, I have never heard of this company (they do list an address on Chalermprakiat Rd) & want to know if they are reliable in terms of service & acceptable at the car repair shops, in Phuket, as many do not like to take jobs if you have insurance from particular companies.

Edited by Valentine

Don't know them, but would guess they are the broker.

For service the broker is important, but the insurer will decide where you can take your car for repair.

The broker is ASN based in Bangkok & I have used them before but in the past they quoted from Siam Commercial or Bangkok Insurance.

Off topic, but why would you use a Bangkok based broker, except to get the lowest rate? They won't be able to provide any local service.

Sorry, don't know this Assets Insurance.

It does not matter where the broker resides as I have used local brokers before & in my earlier days here the Thai guy would come himself in the event of accident. In more recent years a couple of different brokers showed a basic lack of interest in that they would provide you with the 24 hour hotline number from the insurance company &/or the number of the local agent. Having said that the people that work for the insurance companies have been quick to respond & I have no complaints about their service.

BTW we have used this broker from Bangkok for several years now & they always provide the best rates & favourable payment terms i.e. you can pay over several months.