Uk Settlement Visa.

Hello,

Anyone applied for a settlement visa recently without doing the online application first?

I have a secure internet connection but don't have a printer, so was hoping to just make an appointment for my wife to hand in a paper application only.

Thanks,

Knorty.

Yes you can, although they would prefer you to complete an online application.

Taken from the VFS website:

Step 3 - Complete your visa application form

You should submit 1 visa application for each individual applying for a visa, including children.

You can complete your visa application form in one of the following 2 ways, although settlement and Tier 4 applications and their dependants should complete an online application.

Online visa application form

Complete your visa application on the online application system

Please ensure that you select the correct visa application for the purpose of your visit. Ensure that you complete all the sections correctly.

Sections 1 and 2 are vital to considering your application. The information in this section must be completed accurately.

Please print all the pages of the visa application form and bring it to the visa application centre on good quality paper and ensure that the information does extend beyond the margins on the paper.

Please make sure the bar code appears on the final page of your printed visa application form and remember to sign it.

After you have saved and submitted your online application, you will receive an e-mail with a unique number that starts with GWF. Keep your ID number for future reference.

Paper visa application form

Download the appropriate visa application form free of charge.You should print your visa application form on good quality paper and ensure that the information does not extend beyond the margins on the paper.

Complete the application form in English using a black or blue pen and sign it. Ensure that you complete all the sections correctly. If you make a mistake filling in any of the sections, you will need to make the change on the form and sign against it.

2 settlement applications handed in yesterday (1/2/10) Both paper not online. No problem just long A wait 3 hours.
We only do on line applications as far as i was aware this was all the accepted, as they turned away two this last year on paper.

Now I'm still unsure. Ahh well T.I.T. :)

Thanks for the replies.

As I'm not able to print off the application after completing it online I'll have to chance a paper only submission. I'll let you know how it goes.

We only do on line applications as far as i was aware this was all the accepted, as they turned away two this last year on paper.

TVE when the system was overloaded last year there was a notice on the VFS homepage in June saying that only online applications would be accepted (I was helping a friend with their application at the time a had to do it online) but around September/October that notice disappeared and they started accepting paper applications again.

Looking on the Border Agency website it appears that if, in the country you are applying, you can also pay the fee on line you must complete the application form online. But if that country doesn't accept online payments (Thailand doesn't) you can choose to complete a paper application if you want to.

If you ask the VFS centre in Bankok though they will advise you to do it on line. The main advantage of on line applications for the applicant is probably being able to book an appointment at the VFS centre at the same time, saving a long wait in the queues when they're busy.

My wifes & Daughters was submitted by paper on the 1/2/10.

We had a long wait due to the high volumes of people appling for student & tourist visa.

The VFS web site still says both.

I guess they would like 100% online applications.

Soon I think this will be the case.

So as long as you intend to submit your application soon I see no problems.

Keep a look out on there web site if and when it changes it will be there.

www.vfs-uk-th.com

• 1 month later...