How Much Does A Cheap Room Cost In March?

kharmabum

I haven't been to krabi or phi phi in over 5 years. I'm coming back to thailand in march, and was thinking about heading down that way. just wondering what cheap fan rooms are going for these days on au nang, krabi and also ko phi phi. I think march is still technically high season for room rates, even though most of the tourists have already left. I'm hoping there would be basic accomidation available for less than 500 baht a night. please let me know if this is unrealistic. I don't really want to spend 1000 baht a night on a small sweat box.

thanks

On the roads into Ao Nang, not quite Ao Nang, yes, you can get fan rooms at 350thb.

Phi Phi in March? I think the cheapest you'll find will be 600-800.

Probably the cheapest rooms in Phi Phi Don are up on the hill by the Laleena guesthouse where the people died last year due to toxic fumes from the scheit stream that runs by. So if your life is worth less than 1000thb a night, enjoy the nightmare that is Phi Phi Don Village. Otherwise skip it and go to Koh Lanta where there are plenty of rooms under 1000thb, but not the nightlife of PP.

Edited by grumpyoldman

On the roads into Ao Nang, not quite Ao Nang, yes, you can get fan rooms at 350thb.

Probably the cheapest rooms in Phi Phi Don are up on the hill by the Laleena guesthouse where the people died last year due to toxic fumes from the scheit stream that runs by. So if your life is worth less than 1000thb a night, enjoy the nightmare that is Phi Phi Don Village. Otherwise skip it and go to Koh Lanta where there are plenty of rooms under 1000thb, but not the nightlife of PP.

thanks for the info. i may actually try ko lanta instead of phi phi based on your recomendation.

thanks for the info. i may actually try ko lanta instead of phi phi based on your recomendation.

Just depends on what you're after.

If you are the backpacker type and want to meet other farang female backpacker types, do Phi Phi Don, I don't mean to steer you away from a good time. Lots of kids there partying it up with their buckets of booze.

Lanta is just nicer, nicer beaches.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi sorry I know I'm way late with this reply but I have a room for rent in Ao Nang available it has aircon,hot water,fan,fridge,tv,kettle. Price for rent 350 Baht/night low season 500 Baht/night High season offers available on long term stays of 1 month or more. Its only 2Km from beach just off the main road in Leela Valley. Anyone interested call me on 0847450957 English or 0812704379 Thai.

Chris. :)