Great Iphone App/website I Discovered

tominbkk

Hey All

Was looking at different calorie and nutrient counting apps last week and came across 'myfitnesspal'. Totally free, you sign up for a free account, make a short profile, and start logging in your food intake and exercise. You have to be connected to the internet when using the app, but most of us here with an iPhone are anyway already. The app has a clean and easy interface and keeps nice records, and you can also log things in on the website, as well as do several other things like take part in their board (which is so-so) or do a blog, friend other members, etc.

What's nice is you can 'make a meal', which is to log in several food items (such as the ingredients for a plate of som tum :) ) and then save that particular item as a meal which can be easily pulled up. So I have my spicy gao lao soup, tom yum gai, som tum, nam tok, etc all saved as meal sets and don't have to log in all the ingredients separately....neat! You can also make custom foods, so if you want to log in ant larvae or bird's nest soup, or Strawberry Pocky and have some nutritional data on it, go for it. It already has a quarter of a million entries inputted, so you can usually always find what you want.

It's totally free, seems to be an ad free app as well, which is very nice. Certainly this is the only app I've found of this kind that is this good. Check it out!

Oh, and I am in no way associated with this app, just find it cool and want to share it with all you guys. Even if you don't have an iPhone, the website is still really good, though the syncing between phone and computer is niccceeee.