Visa For Thai Gf (possible Wife To Be) To Usa

Hey now - my experience in these such visa matters are nill. Never thought I'd meet a proper Thai woman let alone one so perfect for me.

Anyway, I'd like to bring her to states to meet my family and to do some sightseeing. I do not want to put a bond or sponsor her visa. At present, I've known her about two months. It will be about eight if/when we go back.

She has been to states before on a tour

She has visited many Asian countries

She has a good job with a TV station in BKK

She apparently makes OK money

She has a motorcycle - Kawasaki!

She is a university graduate (BKK uni)

She is 33

She has never been married and no kids

Shes never asked me for a baht

What can anyone tell me

What to expect from the embassy?

WOW Thanks~

hi,

Judging by the way you describe things, there should be no problem with getting a visa. A friend of mine with similar standing got it quite easily last year. If I recall correctly, they did require the contact details of the person who was being visited, but no deposit of any kind.

Good luck

:)

Hi, thanks to you all -

Contact details will be easy, we will be visiting my parents although she wants to see some of the national parks - is it ok to mention this, its true. I'd like to take her to Grand Canyon, Jellystone and maybe Redwoods. We also will go to Washington DC and maybe New York city.

Yeah, I've only known her a few months and her bolting is in the back of my mind but it just does not seem in her nature and...she does have a good job. Her English is not great, I can't see her giving up her life there and working at a TV station to do what? Work in a massage parlor? She is anything but a bar girl, this I know after spending a decade +++ with bar girls.

We will be about eight months into the relationship if/when we do go to states. I am in no way ready to marry this woman - but I have to admit, shes really perfect for me. We really enjoy each others company. I am pretty much a lone wolf, never thought I would ever marry - but I can spend days wit her at my side and I am quite good with it and she as well. Normally, after about one evening, I feel the urge to bolt :-). She is totally fun and sporty and I love or time together. We met in a very odd sort of way for the story books. Anyway, I digress - I am not ready to marry, perhaps not she as well. It will not even be a year into the relationship. I need at least another year.

i am "trying" to live here - does traveling in Asia for 15 years and living more or less in Thailand 8 mos a year the last ten count as living here? I can speak basic Thai, eat Thai food 3x a day. Traveled all over the place and currently working on a project related specifically to Thai tourism. This on my on accord.

She went when she was a sprout, about 21. She is 33.

Thanks again.

I won't be online for a few weeks, but appreciate your support.

Yeah, I've only known her a few months and her bolting is in the back of my mind but it just does not seem in her nature and...she does have a good job.

She is 33.

I won't be online for a few weeks, but appreciate your support.

I realize you're not going to see this for a few weeks, but that hesitation you have about whether or not she'll bolt makes this situation a bit iffy... there shouldn't be any hesitation at all (if you have some, then the officer will for sure). You also didn't say how old you were... my guess is if you're 50+ it could be a problem. Moreover, you've only been together a few months, which is too short for the embassy to think you have a substantial relationship that would deserve a tourist visa, if she mentions you. If she doesn't mention you, then she's going to be a single 33 year old woman with "OK" money going 'on vacation' to the US... which doesn't look very promising to me. Don't get me wrong, her visit 10 years ago is very positive... I just don't think it's a slam dunk.

IMHO, if you can leave the relationship out of the application process, you stand a better chance of approval. If she is capable of international travel on her own nickle, her chances are always better. Some countries other than the US see that a bit differently.

Hi - we are off to Ang Tong tonite, but I have some time to kill before the night boat and decided to check email.

Svenn, your comments are well placed. This only come to mind as I would think ANY person with an opening to the states has the possibility to stay. There is absolutely nothing in her nature that tells me this. I've been in Thailand (in/out) for 15 years, seen it all and it is this that leaves me with that moment of question. Nothing about her character or anything that she has either said or done that would lead me to think she would. If that were the case, I wouldn't take her to see my parents or certainly pay her way - I'm quite happy being single. I just think she may be it. October will be about 9 months.

I'm 49, fit adventuring type. I think we are a good match.

PakBoong, I was actually thinking of asking her to apply by herself -just see what happens. Where she has been though are ASEAN countries, no visa required. But her passport is full of stamps and she did return!Trouble is ....when it comes to where are you going and what will you be doing? She will have to lie if I am not mentioned and I bet those people are really good at picking up on lies - she's finished (and branded a liar).

I was also thinking about sending in a letter her - sealed. to this affect -

The purpose of this trip is only to visit family/friends, a few cities and national parks. She will be paying for her trip 80%, I will reimburse when she returns. I will be covering all our expenses in the USA. I have always found her to be a great person of good moral character. We are in a serious relationship. I have absolutely no intention of proposing marriage at this time, we need at least another year. This will never happen. Never. -and I mean it, I am not ready and it is too early.

What do you think ? Thanks

Hi - we are off to Ang Tong tonite, but I have some time to kill before the night boat and decided to check email.

Svenn, your comments are well placed. This only come to mind as I would think ANY person with an opening to the states has the possibility to stay. There is absolutely nothing in her nature that tells me this. I've been in Thailand (in/out) for 15 years, seen it all and it is this that leaves me with that moment of question. Nothing about her character or anything that she has either said or done that would lead me to think she would. If that were the case, I wouldn't take her to see my parents or certainly pay her way - I'm quite happy being single. I just think she may be it. October will be about 9 months.

I'm 49, fit adventuring type. I think we are a good match.

PakBoong, I was actually thinking of asking her to apply by herself -just see what happens. Where she has been though are ASEAN countries, no visa required. But her passport is full of stamps and she did return!Trouble is ....when it comes to where are you going and what will you be doing? She will have to lie if I am not mentioned and I bet those people are really good at picking up on lies - she's finished (and branded a liar).

I was also thinking about sending in a letter her - sealed. to this affect -

The purpose of this trip is only to visit family/friends, a few cities and national parks. She will be paying for her trip 80%, I will reimburse when she returns. I will be covering all our expenses in the USA. I have always found her to be a great person of good moral character. We are in a serious relationship. I have absolutely no intention of proposing marriage at this time, we need at least another year. This will never happen. Never. -and I mean it, I am not ready and it is too early.

What do you think ? Thanks

No need to lie. The application asks where you will be staying, who you are traveling with, what will you be doing in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thanks for all your help.

I've found out when she made her visa last time it was thru some gov't program. best I can sort what she's told me is that:

About 20 people signed for her return

The above people and the Thai gov't paid for her to go

Not really clear on all this. But thanks -

Ang Tong sucked as did Samui. Back to Ko Surin we went :-))