Not Tonight Darling - We Men Have Lost Our Libidos

camerata

For those ladies who aren't getting enough... your man may need more attention. :)

Not tonight darling - we men have lost our libidos: The surprising reason why women aren't having sex as often

'In a few cases, men really do just want something new and different. But in most it's either a hidden resentment - for example, a man will feel that if his partner has gained weight it's because she can't be bothered to make an effort for him any more - or simply that he has stopped seeing her as a sexual being.'

But according to Relate, the most common reason for low desire in men is 'relationship reasons'. Many women don't realise that men's levels of desire are closely linked to other aspects of the relationship - just like theirs are.

'Sex is connected to everything,' says Paula Hall. 'If he's angry or resentful about something - maybe you don't give him enough attention, or he thinks you nag him, or don't appreciate his work, or a hundred other reasons - his desire closes down, or he withholds sex as a way to express his anger.' And then it just snowballs. The more he doesn't do it, the more he doesn't want to do it. She, in turn, becomes hurt and resentful, and the relationship gets worse.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...-sex-often.html

'Sex is connected to everything,' says Paula Hall. 'If he's angry or resentful about something - maybe you don't give him enough attention, or he thinks you nag him, or don't appreciate his work, or a hundred other reasons - his desire closes down, or he withholds sex as a way to express his anger.' And then it just snowballs. The more he doesn't do it, the more he doesn't want to do it. She, in turn, becomes hurt and resentful, and the relationship gets worse.

Of course sex is connected to everything else. That's not ground breaking news. It is hard enough living with anyone 24-7, let alone having sex with them. I know LOTS of couples who seldom have sex more than once a month. Sometimes the reasons are obvious, but very often you don't get to see into someone's personal life. Sex is 75% mental and 25% physical. And, men and women ARE different when it comes to how they get turned on. Very often for men it's just a physical release, but for most women it is a mental thing and if they have something else on their mind then they aren't interested. That can be the same for men if they are under a lot of stress.

• 4 weeks later...

Black Teddy, thong back, snap crotch, garters, body stockings, ANYTHING sheer (sigh)

The aforementioned could bring world peace to the middle east. Palestinians and Jews would be best of friends so leave your Burkas alone. Who cares about the crap piece of land theyve fighting about. If there was lots of lingerie, they couldnt wait to get home and try it out.

I disagree with the misconception that sex is little more than a release for men.

When I was younger, a stiff breeze or a knot in a tree could trigger a response in me. As I get older I discover there has got to be mental intercourse as well.

I withhold sex from my g/f when the football is on,does that count?

Would it help if she wore shorts, footy boots and played right back in the bedroom?

DIG

OMG! _ I now have a mental picture of ex MP David Mellor in Chelsea kit

Get Yer Kit On!DavidMellor.jpgThe scandal: In 1992, David Mellor, jut-toothed rising star in the Conservative Party and heritage minister, enjoyed a passionate affair with a little-known actress called Antonia de Sancha – she’d starred as a one-legged prostitute who shags the pizza boy in the straight-to-bin film The Pieman. During their conference it was alleged Mellor had romped in his Chelsea football kit.

How To Make Women Happy...

The Point System

(advice according to women)

In the world of romance, one single rule applies: Make the woman happy. Do something she likes and you get points. Do something she dislikes and points are subtracted. You don't get any points for doing something she expects. Sorry, that's the way the game is played.

Simple Duties:

You make the bed (+1)

You make the bed, but forget to add the decorative pillows (0)

You throw the bedspread over rumpled sheets (-1)

You leave the toilet seat up (-5)

You replace the toilet paper roll when it is empty (0)

When the toilet paper roll is barren, you resort to Kleenex (-1)

When the Kleenex runs out you use the next bathroom (-2)

You go out to buy her extra-light panty liners with wings (+5)

In the snow (+8)

But return with beer (-5)

You check out a suspicious noise at night (0)

You check out a suspicious noise and it is nothing (0)

You check out a suspicious noise and it is something (+5)

You pummel it with a six iron (+10)

It's her pet (-10)

Social Engagements At a Party:

You stay by her side the entire party (0)

You stay by her side for a while, then leave to chat with a college drinking buddy (-2)

Named Tiffany (-4)

Tiffany is a dancer (-6)

Tiffany has implants (-8)

Her Birthday:

You take her out to dinner (0)

You take her out to dinner and it's not a sports bar (+1)

Okay, it is a sports bar (-2)

And it's all-you-can-eat night (-3)

It's a sports bar, it's all-you-can-eat night, and your face is painted in all of the colors of your favorite sports team (-10)

A Night Out With the Boys:

Go with a pal (-5)

The pal is happily married (-4)

Or frighteningly single (-7)

And he drives a Mustang (-10)

With a personalized license plate that reads GR8 N BED (-15)

A Night Out:

You take her to a movie (+2)

You take her to a movie she likes (+4)

You take her to a movie you hate (+6)

You take her to a movie you like (-2)

It's called DeathCop 9 (-3)

Which features cyborgs that eat humans (-9)

You lied and said it was a foreign film about orphans (-15)

Your Physique:

You develop a noticeable potbelly (-15)

You develop a noticeable potbelly and exercise to get rid of it (+10)

You develop a noticeable potbelly and resort to loose jeans and baggy Hawaiian shirts (-30)

You say, "It doesn't matter, you have one too." (-800)

Communication: When she wants to talk about a problem:

You listen, displaying what looks like a concerned expression (0)

You listen, for over 30 minutes (+5)

You listen for more than 30 minutes without looking at the TV (+100)

She realizes this is because you have fallen asleep (-20)

The Big Question: She asks, "Do I look fat?"

You hesitate in responding (-10)

You reply, "Where?" (-35)

Any other response (-20)

After being told, endlessly, not to look at women as sex objects, some guys finally acquiesce to said demand. You can't have it both ways.

OH, SO TRUE!

Bin dere dun dat. :)

A typical response after a little friendly snuzzling... "Oo, you are ALWAYS touching me!"

Well, after a while a man just shuts down and looks elsewhere.

And, there are ALWAYS women on the prowl looking for men whose wives have jilted their advances.

oh dear vf, seems you are mistaking the act of lovemaking with something else. Making love with someone you love and respect should be a very different thing from objectifying some random woman and her tits :)

Funny aint it..in a sad kinda way...when you have to point out the obvious. :)

I usually agree with you, eek, but this time I don't. villagefarang has/had a good point. Very often men just want to cuddle their woman WITHOUT the intention of any sex. It is perfectly natural for a man to put his arms around his wife and hold her breasts while holding her close. It is the same in bed... even after the sex act. But, if a woman says "Don't touch me!" it WILL hurt the man's feelings and he WILL pull away. And, there is a good chance he might not come back for a while. It happened to me enough times to a point where I just gave up. Once a man gives up he starts looking elsewhere... and that is perfectly natural. In my case it was my ex-wife who started having the affairs after I finally gave up trying to be close. I've heard the stories many times from men who started having affairs after being emotionally hurt by their wives.

You take away our ability to fantasize and objectify the female form and you take away our manhood. We don't make love to a brain or something we respect, we make love with a hot body. Half the job is just getting your wife to feel as sexy as she appears in your eyes.

Objectify the hel_l out of her. Make her feel hot and sexy and that all pleasure in this world emanates from her form. Don't just tell her, show her. If you are convincing you will also convince yourself at the same time, that is if you need convincing.

Marriage is hard enough without removing the element of lust.